The Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest is an American tradition. Every Fourth of July, the world’s best eaters meet in Coney Island to face off in the biggest competitive eating event of the year. Joey Chestnut and Miki Sudo are the heavy favorites in the Men’s and women’s sides, respectively.
2020 marks the first year that bettors can LEGALLY bet on the Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest in three states — New Jersey, Colorado, and New Hampshire. Should bettors in these states play it safe with the favorites or take a chance on the field?
Men’s Hot Dog Eating Contest Odds
– Joey Chestnut -1000
– Any Other Participant +550
Women’s Hot Dog Eating Contest Odds
– Miki Sudo -835
– Any Other Participant +500
Obviously, both Chestnut and Sudo are tough to bet against. Other than one second-place finish in 2015, Chestnut has won 12 of the last 13 while Sudo is riding a six-game winning streak on the women’s side. This presents an interesting dilemma for bettors. Bet big on one of the favorites to win a little money or put a small bet down on the field and hope for an upset.
Luckily for bettors, there are other options on the table.
Total Hot Dogs Eaten Odds
– Joey Chestnut over 72.5 -162
– Joey Chestnut under 72.5 +125
– Joey Chestnut over 74.5 +140
– Joey Chestnut under 74.5 -182
– Miki Sudo over 40.5 -150
– Miki Sudo under 40.5 +115
Yes, NJ is 1 of 3 states that you can bet on #NathansHotDogEatingContest
— Bet New Jersey (@BetNewJersey) July 4, 2020
Now we’re talking. Over the last four years, Chestnut has eaten 71, 74, 72, and 70 dogs which won’t make this decision any easier. He tends to hover around 70 dogs in recent years, but it’s tough to know what to expect in such a strange year where the competition will be altered slightly to adhere to social distancing guidelines. If you’re feeling really lucky, take the over 72.5 and under 74.5 and hope for Chestnut to finish with 73 or 74 dogs eaten.
On the women’s side, Sudo has only topped 40.5 dogs once in her six victories. With the under set at +115, this would seem like an easy call for bettors, but anything can happen.
Odds via DraftKings Sportsbook.
- Probably The Best FanDuel Promo This Week: Bet $5, Win $150 on Cowboys-Eagles MNF Clash - September 22, 2021
- FanDuel Sportsbook Tennessee Promo: Bet $5, Win $150 on Colts or Titans Moneyline - September 22, 2021
- Ravens vs. Raiders Betting Line & Picks for Monday Night Football Week 1 - September 13, 2021