Last Updated on July 21, 2021
Stoolies rejoice, as the Barstool Sportsbook app will likely be available when Arizona online sports betting is kicked off in the fall.
Penn National Gaming and NASCAR announced a multi-year partnership for its Barstool Sportsbook to become the exclusive sportsbook of Phoenix Raceway. The partnership is expected to give Penn National Gaming access to the Arizona sports betting market.
The Arizona Department of Gaming recently confirmed the Arizona online sports betting launch is on target for its Sept. 9 start date.
Barstool Sports and Arizona Sports Betting
“Phoenix Raceway is a state-of-the-art entertainment destination that prides itself on delivering a best-in-class fan experience,” said Phoenix Raceway President Julie Giese in a press release. “Our partnership with Penn National Gaming and Barstool Sportsbook takes this to another level. It will help us continue our mission of redefining the way we engage fans and connect with new audiences.”
In 2020, Penn National became NASCAR’s first authorized gaming operator, marking its first partnership with a professional sports league.
As the exclusive partner of Phoenix Raceway, Barstool Sportsbook will promote NASCAR odds across its properties and sports betting app.
“Barstool Sportsbook has proven itself to be a market leader in the jurisdictions where it has launched due to a combination of unique offers and a leading mobile experience,” said Jon Kaplowitz, Senior Vice President of Penn Interactive. “This new partnership will allow us to engage a passionate sports fan base in Arizona while having access to a best-in-class sports entertainment facility in Phoenix Raceway.”
Arizona Sports Betting On The Way
It’s the latest partnership between an Arizona professional sports league and a national online sportsbook operator.
Both FanDuel and DraftKings announced early partnerships in Arizona, with DraftKings agreeing to expand its existing commercial relationship with the PGA Tour to bring retail and mobile sports betting to Arizona. FanDuel announced a partnership with the Phoenix Suns to build a luxury 6,300 square-foot in-arena sportsbook for the 2021-2022 NBA season. In addition to a full-service ticket window and self-service kiosks within the sportsbook, fans will be able to place bets throughout Phoenix Suns Arena on their mobile devices during game days and other hosted sporting events.
Here are the other existing partnerships so far in the state:
- The Phoenix Mercury and Bally’s Corporation announced a 15-year gaming agreement in late June, the first gaming access deal for a professional women’s sports team. It provides Bally’s market access to its 15th state, according to a press release.
- Caesars also announced a partnership with the Arizona Diamondbacks to launch mobile sports betting in Arizona and build a sportsbook and bar concept on the plaza adjacent to the team’s home, Chase Field.
- WynnBet announced its own partnership with the San Carlos Apache Tribe to pursue an online sports betting license in Arizona as well.
- PointsBet and Cliff Castle Hotel Casino have partnered in the state of Arizona in order to set the path to offer legal online sports betting in the state upon launch. Cliff Castle Casino Hotel is owned and operated by the Yavapai-Apache Nation tribe, and this allows for PointsBet to be one of the 20 legal sportsbooks that can be offered in the state of Arizona.
- U.S. CEO of PlayUp Sportsbook Discusses Lawsuit, Allegations Against Her - December 15, 2021
- PlayUP Sportsbook Sues Own U.S. CEO, While FTX Looked To Acquire? - December 14, 2021
- Barstool Sportsbook Gains Arizona Sports Betting Market Access - July 21, 2021