Last Updated on May 8, 2020
FoxSports’ Colin Cowherd has become quite the polarizing handicapper, for better or worse. In what is called the “Blazing 5” segment on “The Herd”, Cowherd breaks down his favorite games and makes five picks each week of the NFL season. This week is no different, as Cowherd goes over his favorite picks.
After starting out hot, Cowherd has been up and down. Some bad beats, some good wins, some bad picks, and more. Last week was fantastic for Cowherd, winning four of his five picks. A great Week 16 puts his Blazin’ 5 record at an impressive one for the 2019 NFL season.
Entering Week 16, his record was 38-35-3.
Last Week’s Cowherd’s Blazing 5:
- Baltimore Ravens -9 @ Cleveland Browns – WIN
- Miami Dolphins +1 vs. Cincinnati Bengals – WIN
- New York Jets +3 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers – WIN
- Dallas Cowboys -2 @ Philadelphia Eagles – LOSS
- Kansas City Chiefs -6 @ Chicago Bears – WIN
Cowherd went 4-1 last week, a terrific week of picks.
His lone loss was the Eagles/Cowboys game. It’s interesting though, as Cowherd loved the Eagles on “The Herd”, but then picked the Cowboys. He could argue he was “5-0”, in a way.
After a 4-1 week, this brings Cowherd’s record over 16 weeks of NFL picks to an impressive record against the spread.
Cowherd Blazing 5 Record For 2019-2020 NFL Season
NFL Week 17 Colin Cowherd Blazing 5 Picks
Cowherd’s Week 16 NFL picks are normally located below. His Blazing 5 Picks are released each week on Friday’s during his show.
Unfortunately for Week 17, Cowherd is on vacation with his family and Doug Gottlieb filled in on Friday’s “The Herd”.
Cowherd did say he would tweet out a Blazin’ 5, however.
Colin Cowherd’s “Blazin’ 5” for Week 17
The Blazin’ 5 has a winning record in 11 of 16 weeks so far this season, and is still above .500.
Week 17 Blazin’ 5 Breakdown
- Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots (-16.5)
- Los Angeles Chargers (+8.5) @ Kansas City Chiefs
- Cleveland Browns (-3) @ Cincinnati Bengals
- San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks (+3.5)
- Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Giants (+4)
Cowherd likes just three home teams (Patriots, Seahawks, Giants) this week, and two teams on the road (Chargers, Browns).
As for underdogs, Colin’s Blazin’ 5 has three dogs (LAC, SEA, NYG) and two favorites. The Patriots -16.5 is the largest spread of the season for the Blazin’ 5, and he likes the Browns -3 as a road favorite at the Bengals.
Four of Cowherd’s five picks involve games with playoff implications, with the Browns and Bengals being the outlier.
The Patriots, Chiefs, 49ers, Seahawks, and Eagles are all fighting for playoff spots and/or seedings, so it’s clear Cowherd’s focus is on teams with something to play for.
Cowherd’s “Blazin’ 5” has been terrific overall this season, and he looks to finish strong in Week 17.
- Betting Odds On The 2024 Republican Presidential Nominee – Trump Leads - March 30, 2022
- 2022 NFL Draft #1 Pick Odds – Who goes first? - March 18, 2022
- Barstool Sportsbook Opens Betting on NCAA Tournament Seeding - March 5, 2022