Last Updated on May 8, 2020
FoxSports’ Colin Cowherd has become quite the polarizing handicapper, for better or worse. In what is called the “Blazing 5” segment on “The Herd”, Cowherd breaks down his favorite games and makes five picks each week of the NFL season. The NFL playoffs are slightly different, as Cowherd goes over his favorite picks for each playoff game.
The NFL regular season ended with Cowherd being just above .500. Entering the playoffs, he “handicaps” each game discussing his predictions for each on his Fox Sports podcast and “The Herd” radio show.
Last week was great for Cowherd, winning three of four Divisional Round picks.
Entering the NFL Playoffs, his record was 42-41-3 in the regular season. With the 2020 Super Bowl right around the corner, Colin needs to hit this week after a poor overall start to the playoffs.
Last Week’s Cowherd Blazing 5
- Minnesota Vikings @ San Francisco 49ers -7
- Tennessee Titans @ Baltimore Ravens -9.5
- Houston Texans @ Kansas City Chiefs -9.5
- Seattle Seahawks @ Green Bay Packers -4
After losing the Titans and Ravens game, Cowherd nailed the 49ers, Chiefs, and Packers for a solid 3-1 weekend.
The Blazin’ 5 had a winning record in 11 of 17 weeks in the regular season, and was above .500. Cowherd is under .500 for the playoffs entering Championship Weekend, and is 1-1 in terms of winning weeks this playoffs.
In the playoffs, Cowherd is currently 3-5 overall.
Cowherd Blazing 5 Record For 2019-2020 NFL Season
42-41-3 Regular Season (3-5 playoffs)
Colin Cowherd “Blazin’ 5” Picks This Week
- Tennessee Titans (+7.5) @ Kansas City Chiefs
- Green Bay Packers @ San Francisco 49ers (-7.5)
AFC & NFC Champ Blazin’ 5 Picks Breakdown
- Tennessee Titans (+7.5) @ Kansas City Chiefs (-7.5) – see our pick
- Green Bay Packers (+7.5) @ San Francisco 49ers (-7.5) – see our pick
Titans Cinderella Story Ends
Cowherd is taking the points here, but “reluctantly” given the line of 7.5 points. He is afraid of how good the Chiefs are, but the Titans’ OL and running game is “built to beat Kansas City”. It is just “too much of an ask”. He loves the story, but the Chiefs are winning 28-22, and he says he will not bet this game. He picks the Titans to cover.
“This Could Get Ugly” for Green Bay
Cowherd says he thinks this game “could get ugly”. SF can beat you in so many ways, and Cowherd thinks the Packers are lucky after being 9-1 in one possession games. Too much is going against the Packers here, the 49ers are too good and he predicts the 49ers to win 33-23. He is betting the Niners -7.5.
Cowherd’s Analysis on Fox Sports “The Herd”
- Rookie head coaches are 3-8 in these games. Cowherd thinks the Packers will get out-coached this weekend.
- “Aaron Rodgers is 0-4 all time against top 10 pass defenses, and this is against the #1 pass defense” per Colin Cowherd.
- Per Cowherd, the Titans are a better road team this year than they are at home.
- He also says, “The Titans are a great story, but not a great team“.
- Cowherd thinks the Super Bowl will be the Chiefs vs. 49ers in the Super Bowl, but the 49ers -7.5 is all he would bet on this weekend.
- Betting Odds On The 2024 Republican Presidential Nominee – Trump Leads - March 30, 2022
- 2022 NFL Draft #1 Pick Odds – Who goes first? - March 18, 2022
- Barstool Sportsbook Opens Betting on NCAA Tournament Seeding - March 5, 2022