Last Updated on November 13, 2020
Without a doubt, Colin Cowherd is one of the more popular personalities in sports media. Love him or hate him, he carries one of the largest audiences in sports. One of his most popular segments is his “Blazin’ 5” segment, where Cowherd gives his favorite five picks against the spread. At ActionRush, we have tracked Cowherd’s picks for two straight years and have kept a log of every pick, win or lose. In 2019, he was .500 on the season, and has not fared well so far in 2020. If you have picked the other side of Cowherd’s picks in 2020, you have made money. Does that mean it is time to fade Cowherd? That is your choice, but there is value in that if the trend holds.
Each week on his podcast “The Herd”, Cowherd gives his favorite NFL picks against the spread. Cowherd always gives five selections, hence the title “Blazin’ 5”. Let’s take a look at Cowherd’s Week 10 picks, based on FOX Bet Sportsbook odds.
Colin Cowherd NFL Picks This Week
On Cowherd’s weekly picks during his “Blazin’ 5” segment, he releases his five favorite picks against the spread in the NFL. Here is a look at Cowherd’s picks for Week 10 in the NFL, with odds provided by FOX Bet Sportsbook.
- TB -6 vs. CAR
- NYG +3 vs. PHI
- MIA -2.5 vs. LAC
- LAR -2.5 vs. SEA
- SF +9.5 vs. NO
Cowherd’s NFL Week 10 Picks and Analysis
Colin Cowherd’s Week 10 #NFL picks in his “Blazin’ 5”:
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) November 13, 2020
Each week at the beginning of the second hour of Colin Cowherd‘s podcast “The Herd”, Cowherd discusses his five favorite picks against the spread in the NFL. While some personalities will just announce their picks, SVP provides a wealth of well-researched statistics and reasoning for each of his picks. Despite Cowherd’s struggles in 2020, there is plenty of value on his research. Here is a look at Cowherd’s picks and analysis for Week 10 in the NFL.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers -6 vs. Carolina Panthers
Great teams that get humiliated play well the next week. This is Cowherd’s mantra and he follows it again this week.
- Tom Brady is 0-2 vs. Saints, but 6-1 against everyone else.
- Bucs defense still forces the most turnovers.
- Panthers has lost four in a row.
Cowherd’s Prediction: TB 33-23
New York Giants +3 vs. Philadelphia Eagles
“The Giants are a better team this morning than the Eagles”, says Cowherd. He likes them straight up and has bet the moneyline.
- Wentz is most hit, sacked, and most giveaways in the NFL.
- Giants are 5-1 ATS in the last six games.
- Giants coming off a big win.
Cowherd’s Prediction: NYG 23-21
Miami Dolphins -2.5 vs. Los Angeles Chargers
Chargers are on a trend, they are not well-coached. Cowherd follows this and takes Miami in a close one.
- LAC 1-6 in one possession games.
- LAC only wins against poor teams.
- Miami is a good team, offense and defensively. Scoring 28 points per week.
Cowherd’s Prediction: MIA 26-20
Los Angeles Rams -2.5 vs. Seattle Seahawks
Jared Goff is 24-5 when you sack once or less this week, and Sean McVay gets extra prep off a bye. Cowherd likes this.
- Seattle has zero pass rush, Goff will be comfortable.
- Seattle’s defense struggles big time, and the Rams’ defense is terrific.
- Aaron Donald has sacked Russell Wilson more than any other QB in his career.
Cowherd’s Prediction: LAR 32-26
San Francisco 49ers +9.5 vs. New Orleans Saints
Saints come back to earth, Niners aren’t THAT bad, says Cowherd. He likes the Niners to cover.
- Niners are 5-1 ATS with a rest advantage.
- This is the 49ers season, they need to win this week.
Cowherd’s Prediction: Saints 28-23, but Niners cover.
Cowherd Blazing Five Picks record stands at 20-24-1 in 2020
Tua to struggle in Arizona?
— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) November 7, 2020
Last week’s 4-1 seems like a lifetime ago, as Cowherd struggled mightily in Week 9 going 1-4. This eliminates the ground he gained with a great Week 8, and brings him to under .500 by multiple games. Let’s take a look at Cowherd’s NFL picks from this NFL season.
In Week 9, Cowherd struggled big time with his “Blazin’ 5” picks going 1-4. Here is a look:
- SEA -3 (Loss)
- BAL -2.5 (Win)
- WAS -3 (Loss)
- ARI -5 (Loss)
- TB -5.5 (Loss)
Here is a look at Cowherd’s record in each week so far for the 2020 NFL season:
- Week 1: 2-3
- Week 2: 2-3
- Week 3: 4-1
- Week 4: 1-3-1
- Week 5: 1-4
- Week 6: 2-3
- Week 7: 3-2
- Week 8: 4-1
- Week 9: 1-4
Year-to-date record: 20-24-1
Colin Cowherd’s 2019 NFL Blazin’ 5 Picks Record: 42-41-3
Last year in 2019, Cowherd was just above average at 42-41-3. He started hot last season, but finished just above .500 in the regular season and even if you include the playoffs. Here is a look at his record by section last season.
- 0-3 in the Wild Card Round
- 3-1 in the Divisional Round
- 1-1 in the AFC and NFC Championship Games
- Best Barstool Sportsbook Promo Codes Include Risk-Free Bets, Overs Club & More - January 27, 2022
- 2022 Midterm Elections Odds – Which party will control the Senate? - January 26, 2022
- NFL Conference Championship Schedule, Playoff Bracket & Odds 2022 - January 24, 2022