Last Updated on November 29, 2020
Happy Thanksgiving, and enjoy Black Friday. Colin Cowherd certainly will, as he announced his “Blazin’ 5” picks early for Week 12 on twitter. Whether you tail or fade Cowherd’s picks, his segment where he discusses his top five NFL picks against the spread each week is an entertaining listen. Regardless of his betting record, which has not been good in 2020, he provides thoughtful insight and reasoning for each pick. Entering Week 12, Cowherd is 25-29-1.
On his podcast, “The Herd”, Cowherd gives his favorite picks for Week 12 in the NFL. This week with Thanksgiving, it was a recorded video shared on social media. Here is a look at the video, Cowherd’s Week 12 picks, and odds courtesy of FOX Bet Sportsbook.
Colin Cowherd NFL Picks This Week
Each and every week on “The Herd”, Cowherd discusses his five NFL picks against the spread. Here is a look at Cowherd’s favorite picks for Week 12 in the NFL, with odds provided by FOX Bet Sportsbook.
- Bills (-6) vs. Chargers
- Giants (-5.5) vs. Bengals
- Titans (+4) vs. Colts
- Bears (+9.5) vs. Packers
- Seahawks (-6) vs. Eagles
Cowherd’s NFL Week 12 Picks and Analysis
Buffalo to roll at home?
— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) November 25, 2020
During Thanksgiving week, Cowherd released his “Blazin’ 5” a bit early. Either way, this is the 12th straight week for Cowherd’s picks and he needs a good one to get back on track after a woeful 1-4 record last week. Now, Cowherd is not known to be a sharp handicapper but he does provide a ton of value with his statistics and reasoning behind each pick. Here is a look at his picks for Week 12 in the NFL.
Los Angeles Chargers at Buffalo Bills (-6)
Usually, Cowherd says he would take the Chargers with these points in a close game. But not now, here is why.
- Buffalo has a LOT to play for. LAC does not.
- Buffalo has 10 takeaways in the last five games.
Cowherd’s Prediction: Buffalo 31-23
New York Giants (-5.5) at Cincinnati Bengals
“Like the Giants? I LOVE the Giants” says Cowherd.
- Off a bye, the Giants have scored 20+ in six straight games.
- The Giants are 4-0 ATS in the last four games.
- Joe Burrow is out, Ryan Finley and his 62.1 passer rating.
Cowherd’s Prediction: Giants 28-9
Tennessee Titans (+4) at Indianapolis Colts
Cowherd loves the Titans this week, because the Colts’ line is overvalued.
- The Titans are terrific on the road, with Henry getting over 100 yards in seven straight games.
- The Titans have five giveaways, that’s it.
- Tennessee is well-coached, and four points.
Cowherd’s Prediction: Tennessee Titans 27-23.
Chicago Bears (+9.5) at Green Bay Packers
“Listen, their offense is pathetic”…but…
- The Bears have allowed 12 passing touchdowns, and not one QB has thrown for over 300 yards.
- Aaron Jones has only ran for 50 yards per game since Week 3.
- With the Packers being so focused on the passing game, that’s Chicago’s strength.
Cowherd’s Prediction: Packers win by a TD.
Seattle Seahawks (-6) at Philadelphia Eagles
The Seahawks get extra prep, which Cowherd loves.
- Since Carlos Dunlap has joined Seattle and Jamal Adams has come back, Seattle leads the NFL in sacks.
- With pressure, it helps the secondary. This bodes well against a struggling Eagles offense.
- Carson Wentz is 0-4 against Seattle.
Cowherd’s Prediction: Seattle 32-22.
Cowherd Blazing Five Picks record falls to 25-29-1
This week’s #Blazin5 from Colin Cowherd:
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) November 20, 2020
Cowherd’s 4-1 record in two of the last three weeks was all for naught, as he struggled big time in Week 11. This makes the fourth consecutive week of a pattern for Cowherd, as he has gone 4-1 or 1-4 in each of the last four weeks. Does this mean he will go 4-1 for Week 12? Time will tell.
Last week, Cowherd’s record was a bad one, winning just one game of his Blazin’ 5. The lone game he won was the Colts in overtime over Green Bay. Here’s a full look at his picks for last week:
- Falcons +4.5 (Loss)
- Eagles +3.5 (Loss)
- Colts -2.5 (Win)
- Chiefs -8.5 (Loss)
- Bucs -4.5 (Loss)
Here is a look at how Cowherd has done with his NFL picks on a week-to-week basis in 2020:
- Week 1: 2-3
- Week 2: 2-3
- Week 3: 4-1
- Week 4: 1-3-1
- Week 5: 1-4
- Week 6: 2-3
- Week 7: 3-2
- Week 8: 4-1
- Week 9: 1-4
- Week 10: 4-1
- Week 11: 1-4
Year-to-date record: 25-29-1
Colin Cowherd’s 2019 NFL Blazin’ 5 Picks record was 42-41-2
At ActionRush, we tracked Cowherd’s picks in 2019 as well. Here is how he performed in the regular season and the playoffs:
- 42-41-3 in the regular season
- 0-3 in the Wild Card Round
- 3-1 in the Divisional Round
- 1-1 in the NFC and AFC Championship
After reading Cowherd’s picks for this week, check out SVP’s CFB and NFL picks.
- Best Barstool Sportsbook Promo Codes Include Risk-Free Bets, Overs Club & More - March 28, 2022
- 2022 Midterm Elections Odds – Which party will control the Senate? - March 23, 2022
- Barstool Sports NFL Picks and Locks for Super Bowl 56 - February 11, 2022