Last Updated on December 4, 2020
It’s Week 13 in the NFL, and we have made it to December. This means that Colin Cowherd has hit the stretch run for his picks, which he gives each and every week on his podcast. Love him or hate him, Colin Cowherd is one of the more polarizing personalities in sports media. Even if you choose to fade his selections, he gives good reasoning each week when discussing his “Blazin’ 5” selections. That combined with the entertainment makes that segment of his podcast one of the more popular parts of sports media podcasts each week. So far in 2020, the NFL has not been kind to Cowherd has his record stands at 27-31-2.
As always, Cowherd’s five favorite “Blazin’ 5” picks are based on odds brought to you by FOX Bet Sportsbook.
Colin Cowherd NFL Picks This Week
Each and every week on his “The Herd” podcast, FOX Sports’ Colin Cowherd posts his five favorite picks in the NFL against the spread. Here is a look at Cowherd’s picks for Week 13 in the NFL, with odds provided by FOX Bet Sportsbook.
- Browns +5.5
- Rams -3
- Patriots -1
- Eagles +8.5
- 49ers +1.5
Cowherd’s NFL Week 13 Picks and Analysis
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) December 4, 2020
While last week’s picks came a day early with Thanksgiving being on Thursday and Cowherd being on a different schedule for Friday, we are back to “normal” this week. This is Cowherd’s 13th week of making picks on his “The Herd” podcast for 2020, and he will need a good one to get back to .500. Last week, Cowherd had an even record but he is still down on the season. Here is a look at his picks for Week 13 in the NFL.
Browns (+5.5) vs Titans
Browns are 8-0 when Baker has a passer rating of over 70. This, among the below reasons, is why Cowherd likes Cleveland this week.
- Browns offense is #1 rushing offense in the NFL.
- TEN defense is worst third-down defense in the NFL.
- Baker will be comfortable, and Cowherd loves that.
Cowherd’s Prediction: TEN wins in a close one
Rams (-3) vs. Cardinals
Rams are 6-0 vs. the Cardinals under McVay, that continues here, per Cowherd.
- Rams defense is tops in the league in everything, and they get a ton of pressure.
- Hopkins vs. Ramsey, Rams match up well with Cardinals.
- Rams roster just matches up well this week, and Cowherd is on the Rams again.
Cowherd’s Prediction: Rams 33-27
Patriots (-1) vs. Chargers
Coach Bill Belichick is 20-5 v rookie quarterbacks, and he is a much better coach than Anthony Lynn. This combined with the below is why Cowherd likes the Patriots.
- Belichick vs. rookie quarterbacks, always, says Cowherd. He’s won seven in a row in this spot.
- Only Deshaun Watson has thrown for over 300 yards this season.
- New England has been very competitive, regardless of record.
Cowherd’s Prediction: Patriots 24-20
Eagles (+8.5) vs Packers
“This is gross, but say what you want” says Cowherd.
- The Eagles have covered against nearly everyone, Pittsburgh, Seattle.
- 7-3 in last 10 games as a big underdog.
- Eagles have a good pass rush, and the Packers do not like to be uncomfortable.
Cowherd’s Prediction: Packers win 27-23, Eagles cover
49ers (+1.5) vs. Bills
The 49ers are getting healthier, and the Bills defense is not very good against the run.
- Buffalo is traveling all the way west again, from the east coast.
- 49ers return Aiyuk, Mostert and Deebo are healthier.
- Niners are a better team now than they were, and it’s a must-win game.
Cowherd’s Prediction: Niners 26-23
Cowherd Blazing Five Picks record stands at 27-31-2
Buffalo to roll at home?
— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) November 25, 2020
Week 12 for Cowherd was an odd one, as his picks were released one day early due to Thanksgiving. It was an even week for Cowherd, which usually means a loss at the book with the juice. His record in Week 12 was 2-2-1.
Last week, Cowherd nailed the Bills and Titans, but lost on the Giants and Bears. As for the final game, he was one of the unlucky ones as the Eagles scored on a hail mary and a two-point conversion. Here is a look at his picks from last week.
- Bills (-6) vs. LAC (Win)
- Giants (-5.5) vs. CIN (Loss)
- Titans (+4) vs. IND (Win)
- Bears (+9.5) vs. GB (Loss)
- Seahawks (-6) vs. PHI (Push)
Here is how Cowherd has fared on a week-to-week basis in the NFL, with his record each and every week in 2020:
- Week 1: 2-3
- Week 2: 2-3
- Week 3: 4-1
- Week 4: 1-3-1
- Week 5: 1-4
- Week 6: 2-3
- Week 7: 3-2
- Week 8: 4-1
- Week 9: 1-4
- Week 10: 4-1
- Week 11: 1-4
- Week 12: 2-2-1
Year-to-date record: 27-31-2
Cowherd’s NFL Blazin’ 5 Picks record was 42-41-3 in 2019
- 42-41-3 in the regular season
- 0-3 in the 2020 Wild Card Round
- 3-1 in the 2020 Divisional Round
- 1-1 in the 2020 NFC and AFC Championship
After reading Cowherd’s selections for this week, check out SVP’s CFB and NFL betting picks.
- Best Barstool Sportsbook Promo Codes Include Risk-Free Bets, Overs Club & More - March 28, 2022
- 2022 Midterm Elections Odds – Which party will control the Senate? - March 23, 2022
- Barstool Sports NFL Picks and Locks for Super Bowl 56 - February 11, 2022