Last Updated on December 11, 2020
Bye weeks are officially over in the NFL, which means from a betting perspective we have all 32 teams to choose from for the remainder of the season. It is Week 14 in the NFL, and the Rams defeating the Patriots on Thursday Night Football means that the slate of games has officially begun. That also means that FOX Sports’ Colin Cowherd is set to record his “The Herd” podcast and drop his NFL Blazin’ 5 for Week 14, giving his five favorite picks against the spread. Each and every week Cowherd picks five games while backing it up with reasoning and statistics. Is he always right? No, but that is what makes it entertaining. Entering Week 14, Colin was 27-31-2 on the season. In Week 14, he went 3-2 to improve his overall record to 30-33-2. Who does he like this week? Let’s find out.
Colin Cowherd’s NFL Picks This Week
Each week on “The Herd”, Colin Cowherd breaks down his five favorite games to bet on and gives five picks against the spread. Here is a look at Cowherd’s Week 14 NFL picks, odds provided by FOX Bet Sportsbook.
- Titans (-7.5) vs. Jacksonville
- Dolphins (+7) vs. Chiefs
- Giants (+2.5) vs. Cardinals
- Bills (-2) vs. Steelers
- Browns (+2.5) vs. Ravens
Cowherd’s NFL Week 14 Betting Picks and Analysis
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) December 11, 2020
It really is hard to believe that Week 14 in the NFL is here already, and the first one without bye weeks in months. Last week, Cowherd was 3-2 against the spread and he looks to continue the success in order to get back to .500. Here is a detailed look at his Week 14 NFL picks.
Tennessee Titans (-7.5) vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
Don’t love the hook, but we like it anyway says Cowherd.
- Outscored CLE 38-3 in the second half, embarrassed last week.
- Jaguars are still one of the worst in the NFL.
- Titans have the edge everywhere.
Cowherd’s Prediction: Titans in a rout.
Miami Dolphins (+7) vs. Kansas City Chiefs
The Dolphins continue to be one of the better teams in the AFC, and getting a touchdown piques Cowherd’s interest.
- Miami is 9-3 against the spread, best in the NFL.
- While they may win, the Chiefs struggle to cover at times this season.
- Miami is a good football team, and play every game close.
Cowherd’s Prediction: Chiefs w, fins cover.
Arizona Cardinals vs. New York Giants (+2.5)
EVERYONE likes the Giants.
- Giants have the coaching edge.
- Giants DL has the edge over the Cardinals.
- Kyler Murray is struggling, Giants are the chalk but a big pick this week.
Cowherd’s Prediction: 27-24 Giants.
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Buffalo Bills (-2)
Buffalo is a hail mary away from being 6-0 in the last six.
- Steelers do NOT run the football, that doesn’t bode well against Buffalo.
- Josh Allen continues to get better.
- Buffalo at home continues to play well at home.
Cowherd’s Prediction: Buffalo 28-21.
Baltimore Ravens vs. Cleveland Browns (+2.5)
Two best rushing offenses in the NFL, but Cowherd likes Cleveland.
- The Browns have a +10 sack differential since Week 6.
- Baltimore has lost four of six games, offensive identity struggling.
- Cleveland is the better team and are getting points.
Cowherd’s Prediction: Browns 28-26.
Colin Cowherd’s NFL Blazing Five picks record improves to 30-33-2
Will Bill Belichick (20-5) continue his dominance against rookie QBs?
— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) December 4, 2020
Week 13 was a good one for Cowherd, winning three of five picks and bringing a positive week to those who tailed. His record is 30-33-2, which means .500 is attainable with a good Week 14. Here’s a look at how Cowherd did in Week 13:
- Browns +5.5 (Win)
- Rams -3 (Win)
- Patriots -1 (Win)
- Eagles +8.5 (Loss)
- 49ers +1.5 (Loss)
At ActionRush, we have tracked Cowherd’s picks for two years, and keep tabs on his record each and every week. Here is a look at how he has fared with his NFL picks through 13 weeks in the 2020 season.
- Week 1: 2-3
- Week 2: 2-3
- Week 3: 4-1
- Week 4: 1-3-1
- Week 5: 1-4
- Week 6: 2-3
- Week 7: 3-2
- Week 8: 4-1
- Week 9: 1-4
- Week 10: 4-1
- Week 11: 1-4
- Week 12: 2-2-1
- Week 13: 3-2
Year-to-date record: 30-33-2
Cowherd’s NFL Blazin’ 5 Picks record was 42-41-3 last season in 2019
While Cowherd is below .500 in 2020, he was slightly above .500 in 2019. We have tracked the last two seasons here at ActionRush, and here is how Cowherd has fared in the regular season and the NFL playoffs.
- 42-41-3 in the 2019 season
- 0-3 in the 2020 NFL Wild Card Round
- 3-1 in the NFL 2020 Divisional Round
- 1-1 in the 2020 AFC and NFC Championships
Got your Blazin’ 5 picks in? Check out SVP’s picks for this week in college football and the NFL.
- Best Barstool Sportsbook Promo Codes Include Risk-Free Bets, Overs Club & More - March 28, 2022
- 2022 Midterm Elections Odds – Which party will control the Senate? - March 23, 2022
- Barstool Sports NFL Picks and Locks for Super Bowl 56 - February 11, 2022