Last Updated on December 10, 2021
It is Week 14 already in the NFL, and the playoff picture is getting more and more clear in the NFL. For Colin Cowherd, this means he changes his betting strategy a tad as he looks to wager on teams with more to play for as they hope to get into the playoffs (or for some, a better draft pick!). Nevertheless, he provides his betting picks for yet another week of football. Cowherd’s picks have struggled so far in 2021, but there is an extra week this season which may help him get back to .500.
Each and every week on “The Herd”, Cowherd gives his favorite picks against the spread on a segment called the “Blazin’ 5”. This has become one of the more popular segments in sports media, especially in the betting space.
Without further ado, it’s time for Cowherd’s “Blazin’ 5” betting picks for this week in the NFL. In this article, you get Cowherd’s full betting card, his analysis on each game, and a prediction on the final score. In addition, we look at Cowherd’s record on the season by week, and his career record as a handicapper.
Colin Cowherd’s NFL Picks This Week
Week 14 is here, and Cowherd is providing his full betting picks in hopes of getting back to .500 on the season. Here is his NFL betting card for Week 14.
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) December 10, 2021
Cowherd’s betting analysis for Week 14
Each and every week on his national show “The Herd“, Colin Cowherd gives his five betting picks for the week at hand in the NFL. In addition, he breaks down each of the give games, gives his prediction on the final score, which shows why he is making each pick against the spread. His analysis is filled with trends, stats, and more which is very educational for bettors. Here is his analysis for Week 14.
Cleveland Browns -3 vs. Baltimore Ravens
- The Browns are coming off a bye, and they are getting healthier.
- Lamar Jackson is in a slump, Ravens are under 20 points in four straight.
- Ravens are missing all types of players, which leads to more struggles.
Prediction: Browns 27-23.
New York Giants +9.5 vs. Los Angeles Chargers
- Giants are 4-2 ATS in the last six.
- New York has multiple takeaways in five of the last eight games.
- Chargers have won five games by six or fewer points this year.
Prediction: Chargers 28-23.
San Francisco 49ers -2 vs. Cincinnati Bengals
- Niners are fourth in PPG since Week 10.
- They have scored in 76% of their red zone opportunities.
- Joe Burrow has 14 interceptions, and 16 giveaways, most in the NFL at the moment.
Prediction: 49ers 28-23.
Buffalo Bills +3 vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Cowherd is buying the Bills now, 4-0 after a loss, and they were laughed at and embarrassed.
- Buffalo is in the top two in all major defensive categories.
- Tom Brady has turned the ball over at least once in five straight games.
Prediction: Bills 34-23.
Arizona Cardinals -2.5 vs. Los Angeles Rams
- Cardinals have a top five offense and defense.
- The Rams are overrated, and six of their wins are against poor football teams.
- LA is 1-5 in their last six games against the spread.
Prediction: Cardinals 34-24.
Cowherd’s Betting Picks Record in 2021
Cowherd went 3-2 last week, giving him a winning record again for the first time since before Thanksgiving. He had some close losses too with the Broncos +9 and Bills -2.5 in the snow game.
Here is a look at Cowherd’s picks from Week 13.
- Chargers +3 vs. Bengals (Win)
- Eagles -6.5 vs. Jets (Win)
- Steelers +4 vs. Ravens (Win)
- Broncos +9 vs. Chiefs (Loss)
- Bills -2.5 vs. Patriots (Loss)
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) December 3, 2021
Next, here is a look at Cowherd’s betting record from each week this season.
- Last week: 3-2.
- In Week 12: 1-4.
- For Week 11: 3-2.
- 4-1 in Week 10.
- 2-3 in Week 9.
- 3-2 in Week 8.
- 2-3 in Week 7.
- 1-4 in Week 6.
- 1-3-1 in Week 5.
- 2-3 in Week 4.
- 2-3 in Week 3.
- Week 2 record: 2-3.
- In Week 1, Cowherd went 2-3.
On the season, Cowherd’s record is 28-36-1.
Want an edge in NFL betting? Find out who the public is betting on in Week 14.
What is Cowherd’s Blazing Five record history?
Last year, Cowherd was just a game under .500 with his Blazin’ 5 picks. Here are his records by part of the season.
- 40-41-2 in regular season
- 2-5-1 in the playoffs
- 0-1 for the Super Bowl
Also, two years ago in 2019-2020 Cowherd’s record was 42-41-3 in the regular season and 4-5 in the playoffs. He was around .500 for his career entering this season.
- Betting Odds On The 2024 Republican Presidential Nominee – Trump Leads - March 30, 2022
- 2022 NFL Draft #1 Pick Odds – Who goes first? - March 18, 2022
- Barstool Sportsbook Opens Betting on NCAA Tournament Seeding - March 5, 2022