Last Updated on December 31, 2021
We have reached Week 17 of the NFL season, which is normally the end of the year. This year though, there are 18 weeks so there are two left for Colin Cowherd to build his NFL betting record. Despite a poor season for Cowherd, he looks to finish strong with the final two weeks of the season as he gives his picks each week regardless.
Most importantly, let’s get to Cowherd’s “Blazin’ 5” picks for Week 17 in the NFL. In this article, we dive into Colin’s NFL betting picks, his analysis and stats on each of the five games, and a prediction on the final score. In addition, we look at Cowherd’s week-to-week record and how he has fared in his career.
Colin Cowherd’s NFL Picks This Week
After a week away on vacation, Colin Cowherd is back to give his “Blazin’ 5” NFL betting picks for Week 17. Below are his betting picks.
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) December 31, 2021
Cowherd’s betting analysis for Week 17
Every week on “The Herd“, Fox Sports’ Colin Cowherd gives his favorite betting picks for five games in the NFL. He gives a few stats and trends on the game before his pick against the spread and a prediction on the final score. Let’s take a look at this week’s analysis.
Indianapolis Colts -7 vs. Las Vegas Raiders
- Colts get an extra day of prep this week.
- They have held opponents to under 20 points in 5 of 6 games.
- Colts are hotter, Wentz is back.
Prediction: Colts 31-23.
Tennessee Titans -3.5 vs. Miami Dolphins
- Miami is on a short week, Tennessee gets extra rest.
- Titans are #2 in rush defense, Miami will have to throw.
- Dolphins are hot, but they have not beat good QBs.
Prediction: Titans 28-23.
Washington Football Team +3.5 vs. Philadelphia Eagles
- The Eagles do not force turnovers, and Washington struggles when they turn the ball over.
- If the Eagles have to pass, it is not a good recipe for the Eagles success.
- Sanders is hurt, Eagles are banged up.
Prediction: WFT 26-23.
Los Angeles Chargers -6.5 vs. Denver Broncos
- Chargers are getting healthier with Ekeler and Williams back.
- Offense is top 5 in everything when healthy.
- Drew Lock is not the answer here, 6.5 is not enough.
Prediction: Chargers 28-20.
Pittsburgh Steelers +3.5 vs. Cleveland Browns
- Steelers have not lost to the Browns at home in Tomlin era.
- Pittsburgh was embarrassed, and Cowherd loves good teams after a bad loss.
- Ben’s last game in Pittsburgh? Give Colin the points.
Prediction: Steelers 24-23.
Cowherd’s Betting Picks Record in 2021
Cowherd has really struggled as a bettor in 2021, especially in the NFL. His picks are well below .500, but after a week away last week with Joy Taylor giving picks, he looks to finish strong. Each week this year, we have tracked his success (or lack thereof) with his “Blazin’ 5” picks.
Now, let’s look at Cowherd’s picks from last week. Officially, they were Joy Taylor’s as Cowherd was away on vacation.
- Packers -7.5 (Loss)
- Cardinals -1 (Loss)
- Patriots -2 (Loss)
- Bengals -3 (Win)
- Dolphins -1.5 (Win)
Next, here’s a look at Cowherd’s betting record on a week-to-week basis in the NFL.
- Last week: Joy made picks and went 2-3.
- In Week 15: 2-3.
- Week 14: 1-4.
- For Week 13: 3-2.
- In Week 12: 1-4.
- For Week 11: 3-2.
- 4-1 in Week 10.
- 2-3 in Week 9.
- 3-2 in Week 8.
- 2-3 in Week 7.
- 1-4 in Week 6.
- 1-3-1 in Week 5.
- 2-3 in Week 4.
- 2-3 in Week 3.
- Week 2 record: 2-3.
- In Week 1, Cowherd went 2-3.
On the season, Cowherd’s record is 31-43-1.
Gain an edge as a sports bettor by following who the public is betting on this week in the NFL.
What is Cowherd’s Blazing Five record history?
Here is a look at Cowherd’s betting records over the last two seasons.
2020 Cowherd Betting Record
- 40-41-2 in regular season.
- 2-5-1 in the playoffs.
- 0-1 for the Super Bowl.
2019 Cowherd Betting Record
- 42-41-3 in regular season.
- 4-5 in the playoffs.
Cowherd Career Betting Record
- 88-93-6 entering this season.
- 119-136-7 entering this week.
- Colin Cowherd Blazing Five NFL Picks – Conference Championships 2022 - January 27, 2022
- When Will Barstool Sportsbook & Casino Come to Your State? - January 27, 2022
- NFL Upset Picks for the Conference Championships: Who are the biggest underdogs this week? - January 24, 2022