Can you believe it is already Week 17 in the NFL? There is just one more week of the regular season before the NFL playoffs begin, which means there is just one more week for Colin Cowherd to get his NFL betting record above .500. He has been on fire of late, winning 11 of his last 18 picks. Each and every week on “The Herd”, Cowherd gives his “Blazin’ 5”, which is his five favorite NFL picks against the spread. Cowherd is quite the personality, and is known for hot takes and a charisma that attracts listenership.
One thing is true though, you either love him or hate him. Either way, he provides picks each and every week that are backed by statistical reasoning. He may not be an expert, but the segment is entertaining and information nonetheless. Entering this week, Cowherd’s record is .500 at 38-38-2 after three picks last week.
Colin Cowherd’s NFL Picks This Week
Each week on “The Herd”, FOX Sports’ Colin Cowherd talks about his five favorite picks against the spread in the NFL. Here is a look at who Cowherd likes for Week 17 in the NFL. As always, odds are provided by FOX Bet Sportsbook.
- Giants +1.5
- Panthers +6.5
- Titans -7.5
- 49ers +6.5
- Eagles +2.5
Colin Cowherd NFL Week 17 Betting Picks and Analysis
His picks for this week:
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) January 1, 2021
Cowherd hosts a New Year’s Day version of “The Herd”, and here is a look at each of Cowherd’s picks and analysis for Week 17 in the NFL. When Cowherd makes picks on the podcast, he provides his five favorite games and gives statistical reasoning behind each pick. Here is a look at the picks and analysis for this week’s picks.
Cowboys vs. Giants +1.5
This will be a close one, but Cowherd puts the value with New York.
- Dallas defense is still shaky, 30+ points allowed in eight games.
- Jason Garrett has done a great job with Daniel Jones, and playing for the division.
- Value on NYG!
Cowherd Prediction: Giants 24-23
Saints vs. Panthers +6.5
Carolina has no quit, young coach and young roster.
- NO has allowed 167 yards rushing per game allowed in the last few games.
- Six and a half is a lot of games for a new coach at the end.
- Week 17 NFL Public betting trends show HEAVY action on the Saints.
Cowherd Prediction: Saints 30-27
Titans -7.5 vs. Texans
Cowherd thinks the Texans have quit, loves a blowout here.
- Houston is 5-10 against the spread.
- Houston gave up nearly 400 yards per game to Brandon Allen.
Cowherd Prediction: Titans 36-26
49ers +6.5 vs. Seahawks
The 49ers are still top 5 in stuff that matters on defense. They have the best third down defense in the NFL.
- Only Drew Lock has more turnovers than Russell Wilson of late.
- Robert Saleh is looking for a job as the SF coordinator.
Cowherd Prediction: Niners 24-23
Eagles +2.5 vs. Washington
Doug Pederson is 8-4 ATS, and may be coaching for his job.
- Washington is 10-5 when Alex Smith plays.
- They are 6-26 without Alex Smith, and he only did warmups this week.
- Jalen Hurts is averaging 440 yards of offense as a starter.
- See our Eagles-WFT SNF betting info and picks
Cowherd Prediction: Eagles 27-20
Cowherd’s NFL Blazing Five picks record stands at 38-38-2
Blazin 5 🔥 went 4-1. Third straight winning week. Not doing Blazin 5 this week. Will give you couple picks though. They WILL count. First one — Rams +2 v Seattle. 💪
— Colin Cowherd (@ColinCowherd) December 21, 2020
- Rams +3 vs. Seattle – Loss
- Dallas +2.5 vs. Eagles – Win
- Jaguars +7.5 vs. Bears – Loss
For the last two seasons here at ActionRush, we have tracked each and everyone one of Colin Cowherd’s NFL picks from each week. Here is a look at how he has done so far in 2020, entering Week 17.
- Week 1: 2-3
- Week 2: 2-3
- Week 3: 4-1
- Week 4: 1-3-1
- Week 5: 1-4
- Week 6: 2-3
- Week 7: 3-2
- Week 8: 4-1
- Week 9: 1-4
- Week 10: 4-1
- Week 11: 1-4
- Week 12: 2-2-1
- Week 13: 3-2
- Week 14: 3-2
- Week 15: 4-1
- Week 16: 1-2
Year-to-date record: 38-38-2
10x your money if the Bills win it all 🏆
— FOX Bet (@FOXBet) December 29, 2020
Colin Cowherd’s NFL picks record from last year was 42-41-3
With the end of this NFL season, that is two straight years of tracked picks from Cowherd. Here is a look at last year’s picks, broken down by section of the season. He finished just over. 500 at 42-41-3.
- 42-41-3 in the regular season
- 0-3 in the 2020 Wild Card Round
- 3-1 in the NFL 2020 Divisional Round
- 1-1 in the 2020 AFC and NFC Championship
- Oscars Odds 2021: Yes, You Can Legally Bet on the Oscars - April 20, 2021
- DraftKings UFC 261 Bet $5, Win $130 On Usman vs. Masvidal Fight Picks - April 19, 2021
- FoxBet PA & NJ Promo: 5x Your Yankees and Pirates Bets - April 13, 2021