Last Updated on January 7, 2022
Then there was one. Just one week left in the NFL regular season, which means there is just one game left for Colin Cowherd’s “Blazin’ 5” for the regular season. He looks to end with a bang, and finish with two straight winning weeks. Each week on “The Herd”, the “Blazin’ 5” segment becomes one of the most popular in the sports media space.
Most importantly, let’s get to Cowherd’s “Blazin’ 5” picks for Week 18. In this piece, we look at Colin’s NFL betting picks, analysis, and stats on each of the five games. In addition, he provides a final score prediction and we look at Cowherd’s betting record on a week-to-week basis.
Colin Cowherd’s NFL Picks This Week
After a 3-2 week, Cowherd looks to have two winning weeks in a row in the NFL. Here are his picks for Week 18.
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) January 7, 2022
Cowherd’s betting analysis for Week 18
Each and every week on “The Herd“, Fox Sport’ Colin Cowherd gives his favorite betting picks in the NFL. He has five games he dives into, provides stats and trends, then gives a prediction on the final score. This prediction leads to his official pick against the spread. Let’s take a look at this week’s analysis.
Dallas Cowboys -4.5 vs. Philadelphia Eagles
- Cowboys lead the NFL in turnovers forced on defense.
- Hurts has struggled through the air, and on third down.
- Dak has 50 TD and 15 INT against NFC East.
Prediction: Cowboys 27-20.
Atlanta Falcons +3.5 vs. New Orleans Saints
- Matt Ryan had 343 and 3 TD against the Saints.
- Falcons have done well in close games, and this spread is close.
- Saints offense is averaging only 10 points per game in the last few weeks.
Prediction: Falcons 24-23.
Los Angeles Rams -4.5 vs. San Francisco 49ers
- Rams have won five straight games.
- LAR leads the NFL in yards per play.
- Jimmy G is not practicing, Trey Lance has his second career road start.
Prediction: Rams 28-23.
Miami Dolphins +6 vs. New England Patriots
- Dolphins have won their last five games.
- 6-2 against the Patriots in Miami in the last eight games.
- Miami is the best defense in the AFC since Week 8, among the best in the NFL.
Prediction: Patriots 24-23.
Las Vegas Raiders +3 vs. Los Angeles Chargers
- Both teams need to win, it’s a “true” game in Week 18.
- Derek Carr has played well this season, and Darren Waller is back.
- Chargers have the worst third down defense in the NFL, matching perfectly with Waller’s return.
Prediction: Raiders 30-27.
Cowherd’s Betting Picks Record in 2021-2022
Colin has definitely struggled with his NFL betting picks in 2021-2022. He is well below .500, but did have a positive week in Week 17. Each week, we’ve tracked his success or struggles with his “Blazin’ 5 picks”.
Here were Cowherd’s picks from last week, where he went 3-2.
- Colts -7 (Loss)
- Titans -3.5 (Win)
- Football Team +3.5 (Loss)
- Chargers -6.5 (Win)
- Steelers +3.5 (Win)
Next, we look at Cowherd’s betting record on a week-to-week basis in the NFL.
- Last week: 3-2
- In Week 16: Joy made picks and went 2-3.
- In Week 15: 2-3.
- Week 14: 1-4.
- For Week 13: 3-2.
- In Week 12: 1-4.
- For Week 11: 3-2.
- 4-1 in Week 10.
- 2-3 in Week 9.
- 3-2 in Week 8.
- 2-3 in Week 7.
- 1-4 in Week 6.
- 1-3-1 in Week 5.
- 2-3 in Week 4.
- 2-3 in Week 3.
- Week 2 record: 2-3.
- In Week 1, Cowherd went 2-3.
For the season, Cowherd’s record is 34-45-1.
Find out who the betting public is wagering on this week in the NFL.
What is Cowherd’s Blazing Five record history?
Over the last few seasons, Cowherd’s betting record is not great. We break it down by year and section, here.
2020 Cowherd Betting Record
- 40-41-2 in regular season.
- 2-5-1 in the playoffs.
- 0-1 for the Super Bowl.
2019 Cowherd Betting Record
- 42-41-3 in regular season.
- 4-5 in the playoffs.
Cowherd Career Betting Record
- 88-93-6 entering this season.
- 119-136-7 entering this week.
- Betting Odds On The 2024 Republican Presidential Nominee – Trump Leads - March 30, 2022
- 2022 NFL Draft #1 Pick Odds – Who goes first? - March 18, 2022
- Barstool Sportsbook Opens Betting on NCAA Tournament Seeding - March 5, 2022