Last Updated on September 17, 2021
Colin Cowherd’s NFL betting picks are back with the NFL returning, and we are already in Week 2 of the season. Last week, Cowherd struggled with a 2-3 record but he is set to build on that with a fresh slate. Each and every week on “The Herd”, Cowherd provides five of his favorite games, breaks them down, and makes a pick. This has turned into a popular segment called the “Blazin’ 5”, and his bets are tracked each week.
Let’s take a look at Colin Cowherd’s betting picks for Week 2 in the NFL. In this article, you will find each of his five “Blazing Five” picks, reasoning for each pick, and more. In addition, you will see Cowherd’s overall betting record for this year and in previous seasons.
Colin Cowherd’s NFL Picks This Week
Each week on the Friday edition of “The Herd” during the NFL season, Cowherd provides his “Blazing 5” at the top of the second hour. These are his favorite five NFL picks against the spread, and they are tracked all season long. Here are his picks for Week 2, as he hopes to get into the black on the season after a slow start.
Here is Colin Cowherd’s Blazing 5 for Week 2 in the NFL.
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) September 17, 2021
All odds for Cowherd’s NFL picks this season are courtesy of FOXBet Sportsbook.
Cowherd’s betting analysis for Week 2
Once Cowherd releases his NFL picks for Week 2, betting trends, picks, and odds will be provided below. Cowherd provides his favorite five games, but breaks them down with a few sets of data and trends that bettors may enjoy. Here are his five picks, and some notes on why he likes each pick against the spread.
New Orleans Saints vs. Carolina Panthers (+3.5)
- Second straight game for CAR, Saints two in a row on the road.
- Panthers have the Matt Rhule effect. Panthers has the fewest three-and-outs in the NFL.
- This is a good offensive team, in Carolina.
Cowherd prediction: Carolina 28-23
Los Angeles Rams vs. Indianapolis Colts (+3)
- Well-coached good teams that “play like crap” bounce back. Cowherd likes the Colts.
- Taylor has topped 100+ total yards in five of his last seven. Use him to keep the ball away from McVay.
- Colts have lost eight straight Week 1 games, but have bounced back.
Cowherd prediction: 27-26 Colts
San Francisco 49ers vs. Philadelphia Eagles (+3)
- Mobile QBs have given the Niners trouble.
- Eagles defense shut down Atlanta, but couldn’t move the chains in Week 1.
- Philadelphia was three for three scoring TDs in the red zone.
Cowherd prediction: Eagles 24-23
Las Vegas Raiders vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (-6.5)
- Colin LOVES this pick in Week 2.
- Raiders have a short week and have to travel west to east.
- No QB in the NFL struggles under pressure than Derek Carr.
- Carr was 1/9 with a pick against pressure, and the Steelers get a ton of pressure.
Cowherd prediction: Steelers 30-23
Dallas Cowboys vs. Los Angeles Chargers (-3.5)
- Sharps like the Cowboys, but Cowherd likes Chargers.
- Cowboys have been hurt up front on the defensive line.
- Secondary is banged up, and no sacks on Tom Brady.
- Chargers have won five straight games.
Cowherd prediction: Chargers 33-27
Cowherd’s Betting Picks Record in 2021
After Week 1’s segment, Cowherd was not too confident in his betting picks as he “doesn’t love to bet a lot in Week 1”. That proved to be right, as he only went 2-3 on the week. With that said, he had some close ones as the Chiefs and Lions nearly covered. He was but a few points away from a 4-1 week, but remember close is still a loss.
Next, we take a look at Cowherd’s picks from last week, Week 1 in the NFL.
- Steelers +6.5 vs. Bills (Win)
- Panthers -4.5 vs. Jets (Win)
- Lions +7.5 vs. 49ers (Loss)
- Washington Pick’Em vs. Chargers (Loss)
- Chiefs -5.5 vs. Browns (Loss)
— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) September 10, 2021
Cowherd’s betting record by week:
- Week 1: 2-3
Overall on the year, Cowherd’s NFL betting picks record is 2-3.
2020 Blazing Five Record – Cowherd Betting History
Cowherd is hoping to finish with a better record in 2021-2022, as he was under .500 in both the regular season and postseason in 2020-2021. Below is the Blazing Five betting record for last year:
- 40-41-2 in regular season
- 2-5-1 in the playoffs
- 0-1 for the Super Bowl
Two years ago in 2019-2020, Cowherd was 42-41-3 in the regular season and 4-5 in the playoffs.
Cowherd’s CFB Picks This Week
Each week, Colin Cowherd has a new “Saturday Spreads” segment on his Volume Sports medium, where he gives a few of his favorite CFB betting picks on FanDuel Sportsbook and you can win your share of prizes. Here are his “Saturday Spread” picks for Week 3.
⚔️ USC -8.5
🐯 Auburn +5.5
🍀 Notre Dame -7.5@ColinCowherd is back for Week 3 of his Saturday Spreads contest — sign up today at https://t.co/UDjZgsdH39 for your chance to win $5k in weekly prizes! pic.twitter.com/ctKpE6vTPA
— The Volume (@TheVolumeSports) September 17, 2021
- Betting Odds On The 2024 Republican Presidential Nominee – Trump Leads - March 30, 2022
- 2022 NFL Draft #1 Pick Odds – Who goes first? - March 18, 2022
- Barstool Sportsbook Opens Betting on NCAA Tournament Seeding - March 5, 2022