After a tough beat in Week 1 that resulted in a 2-3 week, Colin Cowherd struggled again in Week 2. For last week’s games, he went 2-3 against the spread to push his record to 4-6 on the season. With that said, there are still 16 weeks left and plenty of time for Cowherd to turn it around. On Friday afternoons, the popular Cowherd podcast “The Herd” has a segment called the Blazin’ 5. This is where Cowherd gives his five favorite NFL picks against the spread. Over the last few seasons, this has become quite the resource of information for many bettors.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at Colin Cowherd’s betting picks for Week 3 in the NFL. Below, you will find each of his five picks against the spread for this week, a full breakdown of each selection, and a prediction. In addition, we take a look at Cowherd’s overall betting record for this year and his overall history with the Blazing 5.
Colin Cowherd’s NFL Picks This Week
Each week on “The Herd”, host Colin Cowherd gives his “Blazing 5” at the top of the second hour of the popular podcast. The Blazing 5 is a list of Cowherd’s five favorite picks against the spread for the given week in the NFL. After a 4-6 start, this week’s picks are important for Cowherd. Let’s take a look at his Week 3 action.
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) September 24, 2021
As always, all odds for the Blazing Five are courtesy of FOXBet Sportsbook.
Cowherd’s betting analysis for Week 3
On Friday afternoons, Cowherd not only gives his five favorite NFL picks against the spread, but he provides analysis. These are some trends, betting analysis, and a look at how the game may go from Cowherd’s perspective. Win or lose, Cowherd’s information is something that bettors take notice of. Below, we take a look at his analysis on each of his five picks along with a prediction for the game.
Washington Football Team +7 at Buffalo Bills
- McDermott and Rivera used to coach together. Washington has an awesome defense.
- Heinicke has not been bad at all, underrated.
- Washington can move the chains, and Buffalo has struggled on offense.
Prediction: Buffalo 24-23
New Orleans Saints vs. New England Patriots (-2.5)
- Saints are still living out of a hotel, Colin knows what he gets with New England.
- New Orleans is struggling and inconsistent, and New England defense is fantastic.
- Saints are far too inconsistent, so take what you know in the Patriots.
Prediction: Pats 27-20
Cincinnati Bengals +3 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
- Big Ben is less than 100%, and is struggling already before injury.
- Steelers defense is on the field too long, fourth-worst pass defense in the NFL.
- Burrow bounces back, Cowherd is very confident in this pick.
Prediction: Bengals 27-24
Miami Dolphins +3.5 vs. Las Vegas Raiders
- Raiders have crushed so far, first team that would be 3-0 against three teams with 10+ wins ever, Colin does not like it.
- Raiders are one dimensional, cannot run the football.
- Dolphins are ready to go without Tua, and Cowherd has them winning outright.
Prediction: Dolphins 26-23.
Philadelphia Eagles +3.5 vs. Dallas Cowboys
- Jalen Hurts is averaging almost eight yards before contact.
- Eagles offensive line is fantastic right now, and the Eagles defense has been awesome.
- Cowherd loves the Eagles to upset the Cowboys because of Jalen Hurts.
Prediction: Eagles 24-23
Cowherd’s Betting Picks Record in 2021
Week 2 was a fun one for sports bettors, but it was a losing week overall for Cowherd as he went 2-3. With that said, he did nail the Panthers call over New Orleans which was not popular.
Next, let’s take a look at Cowherd’s picks from Week 2. He went 2-3 on the week, with some close losses.
- Panthers +3.5 vs. Saints (Win)
- Colts +3.5 vs. Rams (Win)
- Eagles +3 vs. 49ers (Loss)
- Steelers -6.5 vs. Raiders (Loss)
- Chargers -3.5 vs. Cowboys (Loss)
Here is Colin Cowherd’s Blazing 5 for Week 2 in the NFL.
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) September 17, 2021
Cowherd’s NFL betting record by week:
Year-to-date, Cowherd’s Blazing 5 record is: 4-6
Want an edge? Find out who the public is betting on for this week in the NFL.
Last year (2020) Blazing Five Record – Cowherd Betting History
Cowherd has been producing his “Blazin’ 5” for a few seasons, and we have tracked his success (or lack thereof). Here is a look at his record from last season.
- 40-41-2 in regular season
- 2-5-1 in the playoffs
- 0-1 for the Super Bowl
Two years back, in 2019-2020, Cowherd was 42-41-3 in the regular season and 4-5 in the playoffs for his Blazing 5.
Cowherd’s CFB Picks This Week
This year, Colin Cowherd is providing a handful of college football betting picks each week. With his new podcast company Volume Sports, he has a weekly contest called “Saturday Spreads”. This contest is free on FanDuel Sportsbook where listeners can win up to $5000 in prizes. Here’s a look at his CFB picks for Saturday.
🤘 Texas -9.5
🍀 Notre Dame +5.5
👍 Texas A&M -5.5@ColinCowherd is back for Week 4 of his Saturday Spreads contest — sign up today at https://t.co/UDjZgsdH39 for your chance to win $5k in weekly prizes! pic.twitter.com/tEaVLqpfBm
— The Volume (@TheVolumeSports) September 24, 2021
- FanDuel Sportsbook Tips off the NBA Season With 75/1 odds On Any Team Oct. 19-20 - October 15, 2021
- Colin Cowherd Blazing Five NFL Picks – Week 6 2021 - October 15, 2021
- Scott Van Pelt Picks This Week – College Football Week 7 - October 14, 2021