Last Updated on September 25, 2020
Each and every week on “The Herd” with Colin Cowherd, Colin makes his five favorite picks based on the NFL schedule. So far in 2020, Cowherd is off to a slow start, going 2-3 in each of his first two weeks of picks. On Friday afternoons, Cowherd breaks down five NFL games in his “Blazin’ 5” segment, and we will track each and every one of his picks all season long. Here is a look at his Week 3 picks, his 2019 history, and a recap of his Week 2 and Week 1 picks with the odds and lines from FOX Bet Sportsbook.
Colin Cowherd Week 3 NFL Picks
This feels like a good time to remind you that Josh Allen leads the league in passing YPG… 👀#BillsMafia
— FOX Bet (@FOXBet) September 25, 2020
Colin Cowherd’s “Blazing Five” picks for Week 3 have been released on his podcast, here is a look at his Week 3 NFL picks:
- Buffalo Bills (-2.5) vs. Los Angeles Rams
- New England Patriots (-5.5) vs. Las Vegas Raiders
- Cincinnati Bengals (+5) vs. Philadelphia Eagles
- Houston Texans (+4.5) vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-6) vs. Denver Broncos
Cowherd’s NFL Week 3 Blazing Five Picks and Analysis
Colin Cowherd’s Week 3 #Blazing5 picks:
Buffalo Bills (-2.5) vs. Los Angeles Rams
New England Patriots (-5.5) vs. Las Vegas Raiders
Cincinnati Bengals (+5) vs. Philadelphia Eagles
Houston Texans (+4.5) vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-6) vs. Denver Broncos
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) September 25, 2020
Cowherd’s Week 3 picks are ready to go, and he is very confident in these picks. In the first hour of “The Herd”, he said he is as confident in this week’s picks as any since the middle of last season. What makes Cowherd’s “Blazing 5” so popular is the statistics and passion behind each of his picks. Here is a look at Colin Cowherd’s picks for Week 3 in the NFL:
Buffalo Bills (-2.5) over Rams
Colin mentions “Like it? I love it” for this one. Here is why:
- The Bills are 12-2 as a home favorite in their last 14.
- Buffalo is the only team in the top 5 on offense and defense.
- Only the Patriots allowed fewer PPG than Bills last season.
Cowherd’s Prediction: 27-21
New England Patriots (-5.5) over Raiders
Cowherd is all in on the Cam Newton train in Foxboro. Here is why he likes the Pats in Week 3:
- Bill Belichick is 27-8 after a loss in the last decade.
- Las Vegas is on a short week after Monday Night Football and travels cross-country.
Cowherd’s Prediction: 34-27
Cincinnati Bengals (+5) over Eagles
This is Cowherd’s “upset of the week” in his Blazing 5. After discussing Wentz and the backwards-hat issue earlier in the Week, Cowherd doubles down. Here is why he likes the Bengals to win outright:
- No fans in Philly, so it’s not a hostile environment for a rookie quarterback.
- Cincy gets extra rest after playing on Thursday Night Football last week
Cowherd’s Prediction: 27-24
Houston Texans (+4.5) over Steelers
Cowherd is a fan of the Texans still, as Houston games continue to show in his Blazin’ 5. Here is why:
- Judging Houston for losing for Mahomes and Lamar? Everyone loses to Lamar
- Steelers have turnover issues, and Cowherd says they are a good team, but not a great team.
Cowherd’s Prediction: 27-26 Steelers, but Texans cover.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-6) vs. Broncos
The last game in the Blazing 5 is one that Cowherd is very confident about, and it could be a bad line. Here is why Cowherd is on Brady and the Bucs:
- Broncos without Lock: 3-8
- Broncos winning record with Lock, so they are a different team.
- Jeff Driskel 1-7 as a starter, and will start for Denver.
- Bucs have been really good defensively, and can shut down Jeff Driskel.
Cowherd’s Prediction: 27-17
2020 Cowherd Blazing Five Picks Record: 4-6
Check out @ColinCowherd's Week 2 𝗕𝗟𝗔𝗭𝗜𝗡' 𝟱 on the NFL's 5 best gambling picks.
2020 Blazin' 5 record: 2-3
Games on Colin's board:
ATL at DAL
DET at GB
BUF at MIA
CAR at TB
NE at SEA https://t.co/1D9CZzhXYq
— FOX Sports Radio (@FoxSportsRadio) September 18, 2020
Entering Week 2 of the NFL season, Cowherd was 2-3 and was down on the season. In Week 2, Cowherd was 2-3 again bring his total to 4-6 on the season. His Week 2 picks were:
- Cowboys (-5) – LOSS
- Lions (+6.5) – LOSS
- Dolphins (+5.5) – WIN
- Bucs (-7.5) – WIN
- Patriots (+4) – LOSS
In Week 1, here were Cowherd’s Week 1 picks:
- Ravens (-7) vs. Browns – WIN
- Jets (+6.5) at Bills – LOSS
- Falcons (+2.5) vs. Seahawks – LOSS
- Panthers (+3) vs. Raiders – LOSS
- LA Rams (+3) vs. Cowboys – WIN
Cowherd Blazin’ Five Record Last Season (2019)
— Colin Cowherd (@ColinCowherd) September 11, 2020
For last season’s NFL picks, Cowherd’s “Blazin’ 5” was one game over .500. In the playoffs, he was just under .500 as you can see below. We tracked both Cowherd’s regular season picks and his playoff picks, and will do the same this season. Here were Cowherd’s playoff records last year.
- 42-41-3 in Regular Season
- 0-4 in the Wild Card Round
- 3-1 in the Divisional Round
- 1-1 in the Championship Round
Given that Cowherd was just over .500 in 2019, he likely lost money given the juice on wins at most sportsbooks. So far through 2020, he is off to a slower start but he did say that his Week 3 picks are his most confident since the middle of last season. Bet for or against Cowherd’s Blazing 5 at FOX Bet Sportsbook.
Now that you have seen Cowherd’s Blazin’ 5 for Week 3 in the NFL, check out SVP’s picks for this weekend.
- Best Barstool Sportsbook Promo Codes Include Risk-Free Bets, Overs Club & More - March 28, 2022
- 2022 Midterm Elections Odds – Which party will control the Senate? - March 23, 2022
- Barstool Sports NFL Picks and Locks for Super Bowl 56 - February 11, 2022