Last Updated on October 1, 2021
Week 4 is another week to get back on track for Colin Cowherd, who went 2-3 in Week 3. So far on the season, Cowherd has had some bad beats and is now 6-9 against the spread. With that in mind, there are still plenty of weeks left in the NFL regular season for him to bounce back. Each week on “The Herd”, Cowherd gives his betting picks against the spread. He also provides some betting analysis and a prediction on the five games.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at Colin Cowherd’s betting picks for Week 4 in the NFL. Below you will find his five favorite picks against the spread, a full breakdown on each game he is targeting, and a prediction. In addition, we take a look at his week-to-week success (or lack thereof) as we track his picks from each week over the last few seasons.
Colin Cowherd’s NFL Picks This Week
At the top of the second hour of “The Herd” podcast, Colin Cowherd gives his five favorite picks against the spread. So far on the season, he is 6-9 with a 2-3 record in Week 3. Cowherd will need to go 4-1 to get back to .500 on the season. Most importantly, let’s get to his picks for this week.
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) October 1, 2021
Each week, all odds for the Blazing Five are courtesy of FOXBet Sportsbook.
Cowherd’s betting analysis for Week 5
On “The Herd”, Cowherd not only gives his five picks but he provides a wealth of information on each game. This analysis includes betting trends, stats, and a prediction on how the game will finish. Regardless of his record, Cowherd’s ability to provide information for sports bettors gives his show value whether he wins or loses. Below, we take a look at his analysis on each of the games he makes selections on for this week.
Carolina Panthers vs. Dallas Cowboys -4.5
- Cowboys are a Brady game away from being 3-0.
- Dallas is +5 in turnover differential, best in the NFL.
- Dak has a 117 passer rating in his last six starts.
Prediction: 27-20 Cowboys
Indianapolis Colts vs. Miami Dolphins -2
- Cowherd loves Brissett, and thinks he is better than Tua.
- Wentz is 0-7 in his last seven starts.
- The Colts are struggling everywhere, says Colin.
Prediction: 27-23 Dolphins.
Cleveland Browns vs. Minnesota Vikings +2.5
- Browns are injured, and they are not 100% right yet.
- The Vikings should be 3-0 this week.
- Cousins has 17 games in a row with a 90+ passer ratings.
Prediction: 27-26 Vikings
New York Giants +7 vs. New Orleans Saints
- Saints offense is one of the worst in the NFL, and they rank in the bottom two in many categories.
- Opponents have outgained the Saints all year.
- Giants are NOT a bad team, per Cowherd.
Prediction: 27-26 Giants
Baltimore Ravens vs. Denver Broncos +1
- Ravens have some issues, injuries and more.
- Broncos defense is the best in the NFL in allowing points per game.
- Cowherd thinks this could be a blowout, but has the Broncos winning.
Prediction: 27-24 Broncos.
There is a bonus pick this week from Colin, where he likes the Chargers +3.5 vs. the Raiders.
Cowherd’s Betting Picks Record in 2021
Every week on “The Herd”, Colin Cowherd gives his “Blazin’ 5”, which is five picks against the spread. Cowherd was 4-6 entering last week, so he needed a bounce back week.
Now, we take a look at Cowherd’s picks from last week, where he went 2-3 for the third straight card.
- WFT +7 vs. Bills (Loss)
- Patriots -2.5 vs. Saints (Loss)
- Bengals +3 vs. Steelers (Win)
- Dolphins +3.5 vs. Raiders (Win)
- Eagles +3.5 vs. Cowboys (Loss)
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) September 24, 2021
Cowherd’s NFL betting record by week:
Year-to-date, Cowherd’s Blazing 5 record is: 6-9
Want to figure out who the public is betting on? Check our public betting consensus picks.
Last year (2020) Blazing Five Record – Cowherd Betting History
For the last few seasons, Cowherd has been doing his weekly “Blazing Five” and we have tracked his picks. For last year, here was his record.
- 40-41-2 in regular season
- 2-5-1 in the playoffs
- 0-1 for the Super Bowl
Two years ago in 2019-2020, Cowherd was 42-41-3 in the regular season and 4-5 in the playoffs. He has hovered around .500 for his entire “career” on the Blazin’ 5.
Cowherd’s CFB Picks This Week
In addition to his NFL picks this year, Cowherd puts out three college football betting picks each week. He does not do this on “The Herd” but has a deal with FanDuel for his Volume Sports podcast. This creates a weekly contest called “Saturday Spreads”, where bettors can win a share of $5,000 in prizes. Here are his picks this week.
〽️ Michigan PK
🍀 Notre Dame +2.5
🦁 Penn State -10.5@ColinCowherd is back for Week 5 of his Saturday Spreads contest — sign up today at https://t.co/UDjZgsvirJ for your chance to win $5k in weekly prizes! pic.twitter.com/luehxLxQL4
— The Volume (@TheVolumeSports) October 1, 2021
- Colin Cowherd Blazing Five NFL Picks – Divisional Playoff Round 2022 - January 21, 2022
- Scott Van Pelt Picks This Week – NFL Divisional Playoff Round - January 21, 2022
- FanDuel NY: “Spread the Love” Promo for Knicks vs. Pelicans is a Guaranteed Winner - January 20, 2022