Last Updated on October 9, 2021
It is Week 5 already in the NFL, which means this is the fifth week that Colin Cowherd has provided his betting picks via his “The Herd” podcast. This season has not been a good one for Cowherd as he has been 2-3 each week, but he is just one week away from a positive record.
Each week, Cowherd provides his five favorite picks for the NFL weekend at hand, called his “Blazing 5”. These are five picks against the spread, and there are only five each week that are tracked. Cowherd also provides some analysis on the games, which makes it quite the valuable podcast for bettors.
Most importantly, let’s find out who Colin Cowherd is betting on for Week 5 in the NFL. In this article, you find his five favorite picks against the spread, a full breakdown on each game from his podcast, and a prediction on the final score. In addition, we go through his week-to-week record and his all-time record on the Blazing 5.
Colin Cowherd’s NFL Picks This Week
At 1 PM EST each week on “The Herd” podcast, Colin Cowherd gives his five favorite betting picks for the week. Each pick is a spread pick, where he chooses a side. Entering Week 4, he was 6-9. Now, he is 8-12 on the season, after going 2-3 for the third straight week. Cowherd will need to go 5-0 this week to get back over .500. Let’s get to his picks.
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) October 8, 2021
Every week, odds for the Blazing Five are courtesy of FOXBet Sportsbook.
Cowherd’s betting analysis for Week 5
Not only does Cowherd give his five betting picks against the spread, he provides all sorts of information on the game itself. This analysis include betting trends, stats, and a prediction on the final score.
Once the podcast is released, all betting analysis from Cowherd is posted here. Regardless of his winning or losing record, he provides some awesome betting trends and information.
Carolina Panthers -3 vs. Philadelphia Eagles
- Sam Darnold was not great last week, but very productive.
- CMC may be back for the Panthers, giving them a best.
- Carolina’s defense is top three in football in all major categories.
- Eagles offensive line is hurt.
Prediction: 27-20 Panthers.
Cincinnati Bengals +3 vs. Green Bay Packers
- Cowherd is betting the moneyline here, so he loves getting points.
- Burrow has been sacked just once in two weeks.
- Ja’Marr Chase has been great, but the entire offense is good.
- Cincy’s defense is underrated this season.
Prediction: 28-27 Bengals.
Miami Dolphins +10 vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Gronk is out, Brady struggled without him.
- Tampa’s defense has struggled, and they are last in the NFL in many categories.
- 10 points is too many.
Prediction: 24-20 Tampa Bay.
Cleveland Browns -2.5 vs. Los Angeles Chargers
- This is a big value pick, given the set of both teams’ coming off big weeks.
- Browns have the best rush offense in the NFL, Chargers struggle to defend.
- Cleveland wins in a close one for Colin.
Prediction: 27-26 Browns.
Buffalo Bills +3 vs. Kansas City Chiefs
- Colin said the Bills defense is great, and this could be a “blowout”.
- KC has not won by more than 8 points until last week in over a year.
- The Chiefs are giving up nearly seven yards per play, which is insane.
Prediction: 36-28 Bills.
Cowherd’s Betting Picks Record in 2021
Every week on the Friday “The Herd” podcast, Colin Cowherd gives his favorite five picks against the spread. For 2021, Cowherd has been under .500, with some bad beats. He is in need of a big week to get back to .500.
Next, we look at Cowherd’s picks from last week, where he went 2-3 for the fourth straight card. He has been 2-3 in every week this season.
- Cowboys -4.5 vs. Panthers (Win)
- Dolphins -2 vs. Colts (Loss)
- Vikings +2.5 vs. Browns (Loss)
- Giants +7 vs. Saints (Win)
- Broncos +1 vs. Ravens (Loss)
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) October 1, 2021
Cowherd’s NFL betting record by week:
Year-to-date, Cowherd’s Blazing 5 record is: 8-12
Want to figure out who the public is betting on this week? Here is the public betting consensus.
Last year (2020) Blazing Five Record – Cowherd Betting History
Cowherd has provided his Blazin’ 5 for a few years, and we have tracked his picks each week. Here is his record from last season.
- 40-41-2 in regular season
- 2-5-1 in the playoffs
- 0-1 for the Super Bowl
In 2019-2020, Cowherd was 42-41-3 in the regular season and 4-5 in the playoffs. He has been around .500 for his career.
Cowherd’s CFB Picks This Week
Not only is Cowherd providing NFL picks this year, as he has provided three college football picks each week. He doesn’t give his picks on “The Herd”, but he has a partnership with FanDuel Sportsbook with his Volume Sports podcast company. This is called “Saturday Spreads”, where sports bettors can win a share of $5,000. Here are his picks for this week.
〽️ Michigan -3
🐴 Boise State +3.5
🤘 Oklahoma -3.5@ColinCowherd is back for Week 6 of his Saturday Spreads contest — sign up today at https://t.co/UDjZgsvirJ for your chance to win $5k in weekly prizes! pic.twitter.com/3aCoolB5Vk
— The Volume (@TheVolumeSports) October 8, 2021
- Betting Odds On The 2024 Republican Presidential Nominee – Trump Leads - March 30, 2022
- 2022 NFL Draft #1 Pick Odds – Who goes first? - March 18, 2022
- Barstool Sportsbook Opens Betting on NCAA Tournament Seeding - March 5, 2022