Last Updated on October 9, 2020
Love him or hate him, Colin Cowherd is one of the more polarizing sports media personalities around. On his podcast, “The Herd”, he picks five NFL games each and every week from a betting perspective. In 2019, Cowherd was slightly above .500, but so far in 2020 he is just under .500.
On Friday afternoons each week around 1 PM EST, the “Blazin’ 5” segment is where Cowherd lists his picks on the podcast with a breakdown of why he is on all five picks against the spread. Here is a look at his Week 5 picks, a look at how he has performed so far in 2020, a FOX Bet Sportsbook promotion and more.
Colin Cowherd Week 5 NFL Picks
Cowherd’s “Blazing 5” picks for Week 5 in the NFL have been released on “The Herd”, Cowherd’s podcast. Here is a look at his five favorite lines for this week in the NFL, with odds brought to you by FOX Bet Sportsbook.
- Falcons (-2.5 vs. CAR)
- Jaguars (+6) vs. HOU
- Washington (+7.5) vs. LAR
- Colts (-1) vs. CLE
- Vikings (+7) vs. SEA
Cowherd’s NFL Week 5 Picks and Analysis
Colin Cowherd’s Week 5 Blazin’ Five:
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) October 9, 2020
Each week on “The Herd”, Colin Cowherd lists his favorite five picks for the NFL schedule. So far in 2020, he is one game under .500 but had a really poor Week 4. He looks to bounce back in Week 5 with this week’s “Blazin’ 5”. Cowherd backs up his picks with a plethora of stats and reasoning. Here are his picks for this week:
Atlanta Falcons (-2.5) vs. Carolina Panthers
The first thing that Cowherd mentions is that Atlanta is a desperate team. Here are a few bullets on why Cowherd likes the Falcons this week.
- ATL plays CAR well at home.
- CAR second-worst defense in NFL, 31st ranked on 3rd down, fewest sack.
- Fewest scoring defense.
Cowherd’s Prediction: 33-27 Falcons
Jacksonville Jaguars (+6) vs. Houston Texans
With Bill O’Brien fired, Cowherd definitely wants to target a team that has a new coach mid-week. The Jaguars are getting nearly a touchdown, and here’s other reasons why Cowherd likes the Jags.
- James Robinson plays well with Gardner Minshew.
- 2-6 ATS when firing spread mid season.
- Last in rushing offense, can’t protect Watson.
- Can’t correct a bad OL in-season, per Cowherd.
Cowherd’s Prediction: 27-26 Jags
Washington Football Team (+7.5) vs. Los Angeles Rams
Cowherd has always talked about how pressure affects Sean McVay, and he’s going after that this week. Take a look:
- Third east coast trip, look ahead to SF
- WAS has 14 sacks, good pressure. That’s how you beat McVay, per Cowherd
- Cowherd likes Kyle Allen because he makes fewer mistakes
Cowherd’s Prediction: 24-23 Washington
Indianapolis Colts (-1) vs. Cleveland Browns
Cowherd is a big fan of the Colts, and loves to bet against the Browns. He’s doing so again this week, here is why:
- Browns beat Cowboys, Cleveland flying high…maybe too high?
- Colts lead NFL in everything, points allowed, passing yards, etc
- Browns 3 wins v teams 3-8-1
- Rivers is limited, but completes over 70% of passes.
Cowherd’s Prediction: 26-23 Colts
Minnesota Vikings (+7) vs. Seattle Seahawks
Cowherd is betting against Russell Wilson again this week. Find out why, here:
- Minnesota has a MUST WIN for Vikings with Bears and Packers winning.
- Kirk is 4-2 on SNF with 117 passer rating.
- Seattle defense on pace to allow most passing yards in Super Bowl era.
Cowherd’s Prediction: 27-26 Seahawks
2020 Cowherd Blazing Five Picks Record: 9-10-1
🤠 4x your money if the Cowboys win by 6 or more today. pic.twitter.com/5KZNKSff9Y
— FOX Bet (@FOXBet) October 4, 2020
Last week in Week 4, Cowherd had a bad week with just one win as he went 1-3-1 including the Cowboys’ loss to Cleveland. Here were his picks.
- Cowboys -5.5 – LOSS
- Bears +2.5 – LOSS
- Dolphins +6 – LOSS
- Buccaneers -7 – PUSH
- Bills -3 – WIN
Week 3 was a terrific week for Cowherd, as he went 4-1 and broke the .500 barrier. Here were his betting picks:
- Bills (-2.5) – WIN
- Patriots (-5.5) – WIN
- Bengals (+5) – WIN
- Texans (+4.5) – LOSS
- Buccaneers (-6) – WIN
In Week 2, Cowherd was 2-3. Here is a look at his picks for that week:
- Cowboys (-5) – LOSS
- Lions (+6.5) – LOSS
- Dolphins (+5.5) – WIN
- Bucs (-7.5) – WIN
- Patriots (+4) – LOSS
For Cowherd’s Week 1 picks, his record was 2-3. Here they were:
- Ravens (-7) vs. Browns – WIN
- Jets (+6.5) at Bills – LOSS
- Falcons (+2.5) vs. Seahawks – LOSS
- Panthers (+3) vs. Raiders – LOSS
- LA Rams (+3) vs. Cowboys – WIN
Colin Cowherd Blazin’ 5 Record – 2019
— Colin Cowherd (@ColinCowherd) September 11, 2020
This is ActionRush’s second year covering the Colin Cowherd “Blazin’ 5” picks. In 2019, Cowherd was one game above .500 in the regular season and struggled in the playoffs. Here is a look at how Cowherd performed in 2019, separated by the regular season and playoff rounds.
- 42-41-3 in Regular Season
- 0-3 in the Wild Card Round
- 3-1 in the Divisional Round
- 1-1 in the AFC and NFC Championship
After hearing Colin Cowherd’s Week 5 NFL picks at FOX Bet Sportsbook, be sure to check out who Scott Van Pelt likes for this week’s CFB and NFL action.
- Barstool Sports NFL Picks and Locks for the Conference Championship Round - January 27, 2022
- Best Barstool Sportsbook Promo Codes Include Risk-Free Bets, Overs Club & More - January 27, 2022
- 2022 Midterm Elections Odds – Which party will control the Senate? - January 26, 2022