Can you believe it is Week 6 already in the NFL? We are now one-third of the way through the regular season, but there is still plenty of time to wager on games. It has not been a good one for Colin Cowherd this season, as he has struggled with his NFL betting picks.
If you are unfamiliar, Colin Cowherd provides his favorite betting picks each week on “The Herd”, a Fox Sports podcast and show. These are five picks that are against the spread, and analysis to follow. At ActionRush, we track his betting picks and record.
Most importantly, let’s find out who Cowherd is betting on for Week 6 in the NFL. In this article, you will find his “Blazin’ 5” picks against the spread, a breakdown on each game, and a prediction on the final score. In addition, we take a look at Cowherd’s week-to-week performance and his all time record.
Colin Cowherd’s NFL Picks This Week
Here are Cowherd’s betting picks for Week 6 in the NFL, from his “The Herd” podcast.
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) October 15, 2021
Odds for the Blazing Five are courtesy of FOXBet Sportsbook.
Cowherd’s betting analysis for Week 6
Each week on “The Herd”, Cowherd provides some betting trends and analysis to go along with his picks. Whether he wins or loses with his betting picks, the show still provides value to bettors as there is some great insight and trends that many enjoy hearing. All betting analysis from the podcast is posted below, along with a prediction on the game.
Baltimore Ravens -2.5 vs. Los Angeles Chargers
- Lamar Jackson is top 5 in PASSING categories and 1800 total yards leads the NFL.
- The Chargers are one of the worst in the NFL against the run in the league.
- Ravens at home, dominate.
Prediction: Ravens 32-27
Detroit Lions +3.5 vs. Cincinnati Bengals
- The Lions always play hard, and are in a lot of games.
- Detroit’s defense is getting off the field on third downs.
- Bengals have the third-fewest first downs.
Prediction: Lions 26-23
Cleveland Browns -3.5 vs. Arizona Cardinals
- The Browns have outgained every team they have played.
- Rushing offense is the best in the NFL, even with Chubb out they have Kareem Hunt.
- Arizona allows 5.4 yards per carry.
Prediction: Browns 33-26
New England Patriots +3.5 vs. Dallas Cowboys
- The Cowboys struggle to rush the passer, and Jones does well in the pocket.
- Dallas’ defense has the second-worst pass defense this season.
- Mac Jones has been very efficient, and 3.5 is a lot of points for Cowherd.
Prediction: Cowboys 26-24
Pittsburgh Steelers -5.5 vs. Seattle Seahawks
- Seattle is playing with a backup QB, and is traveling from west to the east coast.
- The Steelers have a great defense, and Seattle’s offense should struggle.
- Last week, the Steelers found a running game and Seattle struggles on defense on the ground and in the air.
Prediction: Steelers 28-20
Cowherd’s Betting Picks Record in 2021
Each and every week on “The Herd”, host Colin Cowherd gives his five betting picks against the spread for the NFL week. So far in 2021, Cowherd has been poor so will need some big weeks to get back to .500. He is 9-15-1 on the season.
Next, we take a look at Cowherd’s betting picks from last week. He was 1-3-1, with his fifth straight losing week to start the season. He was 2-3 in each of the first four. Here were his Week 5 picks.
- Panthers -3 vs. Eagles (Loss)
- Bengals +3 vs. Packers (Push)
- Dolphins +10 vs. Buccaneers (Loss)
- Browns -2.5 vs. Chargers (Loss)
- Bills +3 vs. Chiefs (Win)
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) October 8, 2021
Next, here is a look at Cowherd’s NFL betting record by week.
Year-to-date, Cowherd’s Blazing 5 record is: 9-15-1
Curious who the public is betting on this week in the NFL? Here is the public betting consensus information.
Last year (2020) Blazing Five Record – Cowherd Betting History
Cowherd’s “Blazin’ 5” has been a staple on Friday afternoons for a few years. Here was his record from last year.
- 40-41-2 in regular season
- 2-5-1 in the playoffs
- 0-1 for the Super Bowl
Two years ago in 2019-2020, Cowherd’s record was 42-41-3 in the regular season and 4-5 in the playoffs. This year is his first bad one so far.
Cowherd’s CFB Picks This Week
In addition to discussing his favorite NFL picks, Cowherd now posts a few college football picks each week. These picks are not on “The Herd”, but he has a partnership with FanDuel Sportsbook on his Volume Sports podcast network where he gives out some selections. This promotion is called “Saturday Spreads”, where bettors can win a share of up to $5,000 with their picks. Cowherd’s CFB picks for this week are below.
🐘 Alabama -17.5
🔵 UNC -6.5
🤘 Texas -5@ColinCowherd is back for Week 7 of his Saturday Spreads contest — sign up today at https://t.co/UDjZgsvirJ for your chance to win $5k in weekly prizes! pic.twitter.com/6jkyV7hEqz
— The Volume (@TheVolumeSports) October 15, 2021
- FanDuel Sportsbook Tips off the NBA Season With 75/1 odds On Any Team Oct. 19-20 - October 15, 2021
- Colin Cowherd Blazing Five NFL Picks – Week 6 2021 - October 15, 2021
- Scott Van Pelt Picks This Week – College Football Week 7 - October 14, 2021