As the legal sports betting industry continues to grow and as sports wagering becomes more and more popular, top sports media personalities will continue to get involved. Colin Cowherd is already one step ahead of the crowd as he has given out a weekly set of NFL picks called his “Blazing 5”. This is the second year that ActionRush is covering Cowherd’s picks, as Cowherd was just over .500 in 2019. So far in 2020, he is hovering below .500 after two bad weeks. Love or hate him, Cowherd’s “Blazin’ 5” segment is an entertaining one.
Each Friday afternoon on his “The Herd” podcast, Cowherd breaks down five games and makes his favorite picks based on stats and his favorite reasons why. Each week, we break down each of his five picks, track his history, and list some stats that Cowherd uses towards making his picks. Here is a look at his Week 6 NFL Blazin’ 5 picks, with odds from FOX Bet Sportsbook.
Colin Cowherd Week 6 NFL Picks
Cowherd’s “Blazing 5” picks for Week 6 in the NFL have been released, with all five games being broken down on “The Herd” podcast. Here is a look at Cowherd’s favorite games, and his five picks against the spread on FOX Bet Sportsbook.
- Steelers (-4) vs. CLE
- Patriots (-9.5) vs. DEN
- Ravens (-7.5) vs. PHI
- Packers (-1) vs. TB
- 49ers (+3.5) vs. LAR
Cowherd’s NFL Week 6 Picks and Analysis
Colin Cowherd’s Week 6 Blazin’ Five:
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) October 16, 2020
Every week on “The Herd”, Colin Cowherd breaks down five NFL games and makes his picks against the spread. So far for the 2020 NFL season, Cowherd is off to a rough start thanks to a terrible 1-4 Week 5. After two bad weeks, Cowherd really needs a big week in Week 6. Here are his picks for Week 6:
Cleveland Browns vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (-4)
Ben Roethlisberger has faced the Browns 26 times in his career, and the Steelers have only lost twice. Cowherd likes the Steelers this week, here is why:
- Baker is not 100%, Stefanski may keep him out of the crosshairs and run the ball.
- Roethlisberger has the highest completion % and passer rating of career so far.
- Steelers has 20 sacks and 70 pressures, and Baker does not play well under pressure.
Cowherd’s Prediction: Steelers 28-21
Denver Broncos vs. New England Patriots (-9.5)
How many times have you heard Cowherd talk about young quarterbacks against Bill Belichick? That happens again in Week 6, as he is taking New England.
- Young quarterbacks get crushed by Belichick, “don’t fight it” Cowherd says.
- Patriots average 39 per game against Denver in this spot.
- Patriots in a blowout, per Cowherd.
Cowherd’s Prediction: Patriots 32-16
Baltimore Ravens (-7.5) vs. Philadelphia Eagles
Cowherd loves yet another big favorite, taking the Ravens to beat the Eagles in Week 6. With Lane Johnson missing practice, Cowherd thinks this could be Baltimore in a landslide.
- Baltimore defense is second in NFL in creating turnovers.
- Ravens are top 5 in sacks and are facing a horrendous offensive line.
- The Ravens have won 13 games by 14 or more since last season.
- GET $50 FREE AT FOXBET JUST FOR BETTING ON THE EAGLES
Cowherd’s Prediction: Ravens 33-23
Green Bay Packers (-1) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
In what could be the biggest game of the weekend, Tom Brady takes on Aaron Rodgers in a possible NFC playoff preview. Cowherd likes Green Bay in this one.
- The Packers do one thing really well, you can’t get to Aaron Rodgers.
- Green Bay will force pressure, and get to Tom Brady.
- The Packers gain the highest yards per play in NFL on offense.
- Davante Adams is back, giving the Packers’ offense another boost.
Cowherd’s Prediction: Packers 27-24
Los Angeles Rams vs. San Francisco 49ers (+3.5)
Cowherd talks about betting on well-coached teams a lot, and he likes the 49ers as an underdog in Week 6. Here is why:
- Bet a well-coached team after a bad loss the week before, says Cowherd.
- This is a must-win for the 49ers, and defense is still playing well despite last week.
- Jimmy Garoppolo is 3-0 against the Rams, and practiced all week.
Cowherd’s Prediction: 49ers 26-24
.@ColinCowherd thinks Ben Roethlisberger will throw for at least 300 yards and the Steelers will beat the Browns on Sunday, and you can turn $10 into $40 if he's right. 4️⃣❌
— FOX Bet (@FOXBet) October 17, 2020
2020 Cowherd Blazing Five Picks Record: 10-14-1
— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) October 9, 2020
In Week 5, Cowherd struggled as he went 1-4 with his Blazing Five picks. That makes him 2-7-1 in his last two weeks as his record is now 10-14-1 through five weeks of the season. Here were Cowherd’s picks last week:
- Falcons (-2.5) vs. CAR – LOSS
- Jaguars (+6) vs. HOU – LOSS
- Washington (+7.5) vs. LAR – LOSS
- Colts (-1) vs. CLE – LOSS
- Vikings (+7) vs. SEA – WIN
Week 4 was a weird one in the NFL, and that reflected on Cowherd’s record as he went 1-3-1. Here were his five choices:
- Cowboys -5.5 – LOSS
- Bears +2.5 – LOSS
- Dolphins +6 – LOSS
- Buccaneers -7 – PUSH
- Bills -3 – WIN
Week 3’s Blazing Five picks were by far Cowherd’s best week of the 2020 season, as he went 4-1. His picks were as follows:
- Bills (-2.5) – WIN
- Patriots (-5.5) – WIN
- Bengals (+5) – WIN
- Texans (+4.5) – LOSS
- Buccaneers (-6) – WIN
For Cowherd’s Week 2 Blazin’ 5 picks, he went 2-3 with three tough losses. Here were Colin’s picks:
- Cowboys (-5) – LOSS
- Lions (+6.5) – LOSS
- Dolphins (+5.5) – WIN
- Bucs (-7.5) – WIN
- Patriots (+4) – LOSS
In his Week 1 picks, Cowherd started the season with a 2-3 record. Here were his picks:
- Ravens (-7) vs. Browns – WIN
- Jets (+6.5) at Bills – LOSS
- Falcons (+2.5) vs. Seahawks – LOSS
- Panthers (+3) vs. Raiders – LOSS
- LA Rams (+3) vs. Cowboys – WIN
Colin Cowherd’s 2019 Blazin’ 5 Record
— Colin Cowherd (@ColinCowherd) September 11, 2020
Cowherd is not off to a good start in 2020, but this is ActionRush’s second year covering Cowherd’s picks. In 2019, he was one game over .500 in the regular season but struggled in the playoffs. He started off hot, but faltered to .500 and struggled in the playoffs. That plus a slow start in 2020 does not bode well for him. Here is a look at how he performed in 2019.
- 42-41-3 in Regular Season
- 0-3 in the Wild Card Round
- 3-1 in the Divisional Round
- 1-1 in the AFC and NFC Championship