Last Updated on October 25, 2021
Week 7 in the NFL is upon us, and it is the first week where a good number of teams are on bye. For sports bettors, this means there are fewer games to choose from to wager on. For Cowherd, maybe that is a good thing given his struggles so far in 2021.
If you are not aware, every Friday afternoon FoxSports radio host Colin Cowherd gives his favorite NFL betting picks against the spread on “The Herd”. This podcast is one he co-hosts with Joy Taylor, but the Blazin’ 5 segment is one that has grown to be quite popular. We have tracked his betting picks from this segment at ActionRush for a few seasons.
Most importantly, let’s take a look at who Cowherd is betting on for Week 7 in the NFL. In this piece, you will find Cowherd’s five betting picks against the spread, a quick breakdown of trends and stats on each game, and a prediction. In addition, we take a look at Cowherd’s betting record on a week-to-week record to follow his success (or lack thereof).
Colin Cowherd’s NFL Picks This Week
Friday afternoons at 1 PM EST is the “Blazing Five” with Colin Cowherd. He gives his five favorite betting betting picks against the spread, with odds and reasoning. For Week 7, he looks to crawl out of a deep hole that is the 2021 NFL season for his bets. Here are his picks.
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) October 22, 2021
Cowherd’s betting analysis for Week 7
On “The Herd” in the top of the second hour, host Colin Cowherd goes through his five favorite games of the week in the NFL. He gives his betting pick against the spread, goes over trends, a prediction for the game, and more. Win or loss, Cowherd’s information and betting predictions provide value for listeners. Whether you are fading or following Cowherd’s picks, all of his picks and information can give some insight. Below, his picks and analysis is posted along with a prediction for each game.
Cincinnati Bengals +6.5 vs. Baltimore Ravens
- Bengals defense is a top 3-4 run defense per analytics.
- Burrow is top 6 or 7 in the NFL in many passing stats.
- Four of the Ravens last five games have been within a score.
Prediction: Ravens 30-27.
Carolina Panthers -2.5 vs. New York Giants
- 38% of the time, the Panthers defense forces a three and out.
- Giants are banged up, and are 0-3 at home.
- Colin thinks it will be a low-scoring game.
Prediction: Panthers 26-20.
Philadelphia Eagles +3 vs. Las Vegas Raiders
- Eagles offense is allowing three yards before contact.
- They get their best OL back in Lane Johnson this week.
- Moral of the story is the Eagles have a great and healthy offensive line against the Raiders.
Prediction: Eagles 24-23.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers -12.5 vs. Chicago Bears
- For the Bears to win, they have to run the ball. But you can’t run on TB.
- Bucs are allowing 54 yards per game on the ground, making Chicago pass.
- Fields is running for his life, and has struggled because of it.
Prediction: Bucs 33-17.
San Francisco 49ers -4 vs. Indianapolis Colts
- Colin loves offensive coaches off a bye, and gets Shanahan this week.
- SF is the only losing team in the NFL that has outgained opponents in yards.
- Colts are banged up, and the defense struggles.
Prediction: 49ers 30-23.
Cowherd’s Betting Picks Record in 2021
Each week on “The Herd”, Colin Cowherd has five betting picks against the spread for the given week in the NFL. He has struggled so far in 2021, and needs a good week to get back on top.
Next, we take a look at Cowherd’s betting picks from last week. He struggled again with a record of 1-4. His lone win was the Ravens -2.5 vs. the Chargers. This is six straight losing weeks, which means you are doing very well if you fade Cowherd. Here were his picks from last week.
- Ravens -2.5 vs. Chargers (Win)
- Lions +3.5 vs. Bengals (Loss)
- Browns -3.5 vs. Cardinals (Loss)
- Patriots +3.5 vs. Cowboys (Loss)
- Steelers -5.5 vs. Seahawks (Loss)
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) October 15, 2021
Now, we look at Cowherd’s NFL betting record on a week-to-week basis for this year.
So far in 2021, Cowherd’s record is a poor 10-19-1.
Who is the public betting on this week? Find out in our NFL public betting consensus.
Blazing Five Record History – 2020
At ActionRush, Cowherd’s betting record has been tracked for a few seasons. Here is a look at his betting record from last season’s Blazin’ 5.
- 40-41-2 in regular season
- 2-5-1 in the playoffs
- 0-1 for the Super Bowl
Iin 2019-2020, Cowherd’s record was 42-41-3 in the regular season and 4-5 in the playoffs. He was .500 or close to it for the first two seasons, but has clearly struggled this year.
Cowherd’s CFB Picks This Week
Not only does Cowherd give out NFL picks each week, he has begun to offer CFB betting picks as well. While these picks are not released on “The Herd”, you can still find them each Friday night on the Volume Sports podcast network’s Twitter account. He has a partnership with FanDuel where there are three betting picks for CFB for a promotion called “Saturday Spreads” where bettors can win a share of $5,000. Here are his picks for this week.
🌳 Ole Miss -10.5
🐘 Alabama -24.5
☘️ Notre Dame -6.5@ColinCowherd is back for Week 8 of his Saturday Spreads contest — sign up today at https://t.co/UDjZgsdH39 for your chance to win $5k in weekly prizes! pic.twitter.com/iXHOP1SJ7M
— The Volume (@TheVolumeSports) October 22, 2021
- Scott Van Pelt Picks This Week – College Football Week 13 - November 25, 2021
- Thanksgiving Day FanDuel Promo – Get A 30/1 Odds Boost On Any NFL Game (2021) - November 24, 2021
- Colin Cowherd Blazing Five NFL Picks – Thanksgiving Week 12 2021 - November 24, 2021