Last Updated on October 29, 2021
In the past, Week 8 would be the halfway mark. Given that we have a 17-week season this year, we are not there yet. After last week’s “byemaggedon” in the NFL, this week is a big one for sports bettors with nearly all NFL teams to choose from. This bodes well for Cowherd, who needs a few big weeks to get back on track as a sports bettor.
Every Friday afternoon on “The Herd”, Colin Cowherd goes over his five favorite betting picks for the week at hand in the NFL. This is called his “Blazing Five”. At ActionRush, we track his betting picks on a weekly basis, along with his record for the season.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at who Colin Cowherd is betting on for Week 8. In this article, his Week 8 NFL picks, predictions, and analysis are included. In addition, you will see his overall betting record week-to-week this season, and a look at his past in terms of betting success (or lack thereof).
Colin Cowherd’s NFL Picks This Week
Friday afternoons at 1 PM are when the second hour of “The Herd” begins on FOX Sports. This is where host Colin Cowherd goes over his five favorite betting picks for the week at hand, talks about each game, and makes a prediction. He has struggled so far in 2021, but here is a look at his picks for this week.
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) October 29, 2021
Cowherd’s betting analysis for Week 8
On “The Herd” in the top of the second hour, host Colin Cowherd goes through his five favorite games of the week in the NFL. He gives his betting pick against the spread, goes over trends, a prediction for the game, and more. Win or loss, Cowherd’s information and betting predictions provide value for listeners. Whether you are fading or following Cowherd’s picks, all of his picks and information can give some insight. Below, his picks and analysis is posted along with a prediction for each game.
Buffalo Bills -14 vs. Miami Dolphins
- Cowherd loves great coaches off a bye.
- Bills have a big matchup advanage.
- Allen is 6-0 with a 114 QB rating against the Dolphins.
Prediction: Bills 36-20.
Indianapolis Colts -2.5 vs. Tennessee Titans
- Colts have 30+ points in back-to-back games.
- Wentz has a 120+ passer rating in the last month.
- Colts are starting to roll, especially on offense.
Prediction: Colts 28-23.
New England Patriots +4.5 vs. Los Angeles Chargers
- Justin Herbert struggled against Belichick, who crushes young QBs.
- Chargers have the worst rush defense in the NFL.
- Pats have an efficient day.
Prediction: Patriots 27-26.
Jacksonville Jaguars +3.5 vs. Seattle Seahawks
- Jags off a bye, and Seattle on a short week.
- Lawrence has three weeks in a row with 90+ passer rating.
- Geno Smith has no wins since 2016.
Prediction: Jaguars 24-23.
New Orleans Saints +4.5 vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Colin likes the Saints to cover, but Bucs to win.
- Winston “revenge game” against the Bucs.
- Saints defense is a top three defense in the NFL, per Colin.
- No AB, Gronk is banged up, and Bucs hasn’t faced a team with a winning record in over a month.
Prediction: Buccaneers 27-24.
Cowherd’s Betting Picks Record in 2021
Each and every week on “The Herd”, Colin Cowherd’s five betting picks are referred to as the “Blazin’ 5”. This year, it has been anything but “Blazin’, as he has struggled. Nevertheless, we track his picks each and every week.
Now, let’s take a look at Cowherd’s betting picks from last week. He struggled again with a 2-3 record, with his wins being the Bengals +6.5 and Bucs -12.5. This is now seven straight losing weeks for Cowherd. If you have faded him, your record is 22-12-1.
- Bengals +6.5 vs. Ravens (Win)
- Panthers -2.5 vs. Giants (Loss)
- Eagles +3 vs. Raiders (Loss)
- Bucs -12.5 vs. Bears (Win)
- 49ers -4 vs. Colts (Loss)
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) October 22, 2021
Next, let’s look at Cowherd’s NFL betting record, week-to-week, for this season.
- Last week: 2-3
- Week 6: 1-4
- Week 5: 1-3-1
- NFL Week 4: 2-3
- For Week 3: 2-3
- In Week 2: 2-3
- NFL Week 1: 2-3
This year, Cowherd’s record is 12-22-1
Want to find out who the NFL betting public is wagering on this week? Check our public consensus data, here.
Blazing Five Record History – 2020
We have tracked Cowherd’s Blazin’ 5 record for a few seasons, and we have archived his records from each. Here was his betting record from last season.
- 40-41-2 in regular season
- 2-5-1 in the playoffs
- 0-1 for the Super Bowl
Two years ago in 2019-2020, Cowherd’s record was 42-41-3 in the regular season and 4-5 in the playoffs.
Cowherd’s CFB Picks This Week
Cowherd also provides CFB betting picks this year, in addition to his NFL picks. With the Volume Sports partnership with FanDuel Sportsbook, Cowherd has a “Saturday Spreads” promotion. This promo allows for bettors to win a share of up to $5,000 when picking CFB games. For this contest, Cowherd provides three CFB betting picks each week via Volume Sports’ twitter account. Here are the CFB picks for this weekend.
⚔️ Michigan State +3.5
⭕ Oklahoma -17.5
🔵 North Carolina +3.5@ColinCowherd is back for Week 9 of his Saturday Spreads contest — sign up today at https://t.co/UDjZgsdH39 for your chance to win $5k in weekly prizes! pic.twitter.com/kPzGdM4yk3
— The Volume (@TheVolumeSports) October 29, 2021
- Scott Van Pelt Picks This Week – College Football Week 13 - November 25, 2021
- Thanksgiving Day FanDuel Promo – Get A 30/1 Odds Boost On Any NFL Game (2021) - November 24, 2021
- Colin Cowherd Blazing Five NFL Picks – Thanksgiving Week 12 2021 - November 24, 2021