Last Updated on November 13, 2020
One of the most polarizing personalities in sports media is Colin Cowherd. For the last few seasons, Cowherd has given his favorite NFL picks as an analyst on his show “The Herd”. Each and every week, he gives his favorite five picks against the spread, some humor, and stats to back up why he is making these selections. At ActionRush, we have covered Cowherd’s “Blazing 5” for the last few seasons, tracking his success (or lack thereof, in this year’s case). In 2019, he was under .500, and has started poorly in 2020. If you have picked the other side of Cowherd’s choices in 2020, you have made money. There is value in that too, in addition to the entertainment.
Each and every week on his “The Herd” podcast, Cowherd gives his favorite NFL picks against the spread. Cowherd always gives five selections that he calls his “Blazin’ 5“. Here are his Week 9 NFL picks, with odds courtesy of FOX Bet Sportsbook.
Colin Cowherd NFL Picks This Week
- SEA -3 vs. BUF
- BAL -2.5 vs. IND
- WAS -3 vs. NYG
- ARI -5 vs. MIA
- TB -5.5 vs. NO
Cowherd’s NFL Week 9 Picks and Analysis
Colin Cowherd’s #Blazin5 on “The Herd” for Week 9:
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) November 6, 2020
At the beginning of the second hour of “The Herd”, Colin Cowherd provides his picks against the spread and analysis on his five games of the week. In addition, he provides a lot of analysis that is well-researched on why he likes certain games. Last week, Cowherd had a terrific week at 4-1, which was much-needed. This makes him 7-3 in the last two weeks. Here is a look at his picks and analysis for Week 9 in the NFL:
Seattle Seahawks -3 vs. Buffalo Bills
Not worried about the east coast, says Cowherd.
- SEA is 10-0 on east coast.
- Allen has 4 TD and 5 INT in the last four games, he has not played well. 79 passer rating.
- Buffalo has one good win all year, Cowherd likes the Seattle Seahawks
Cowherd’s Prediction: Seattle 33-26
Baltimore Ravens -2.5 vs. Indianapolis Colts
Lamar is a HUGE advantage for Cowherd at QB, giving them the edge over Indianapolis.
- The Ravens had 460 total yards, don’t freak out about the turnovers.
- Cowherd questions the Colts, not impressive wins in 2020.
Cowherd’s Prediction: Ravens 27-20
Washington Football Team -3 vs. New York Giants
WAS is off a bye, NYG on a short week.
- WAS has a great defense, good matchup.
- Daniel Jones leads the NFL in turnovers in the last two years.
- Cowherd likes Allen over Jones
Cowherd’s Prediction: 24-17
Arizona Cardinals -5 vs. Miami Dolphins
Miami is flying 3000 miles cross-country, so Cowherd likes Arizona.
- ARI is first is total yards and rushing yards.
- Cardinals off a bye, rested, and the better offense.
- Cowherd doesn’t like Tua throwing 30-35 times
Cowherd’s Prediction: Cardinals 30-22
Tampa Bay Bucs -5.5 vs. New Orleans Saints
Cowherd thinks the Bucs were looking ahead last week, why they were flat.
- Tampa has the #1 defense in the NFL.
- AB is back, and they have Evans, Godwin, and a good running game.
- Drew Brees is banged up a bit.
- Tampa is one of the best teams in the NFL, and does not think it will be close.
Cowherd’s Prediction: Bucs 30-21
Cowherd Blazing Five Picks record improves to 19-20-1 in 2020
— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) October 31, 2020
Last week, Cowherd’s 4-1 record brings him close to .500 on the season. This means he is 7-3 in the last two weeks, and he is just one game under .500. Here is a look at Cowherd’s NFL picks from last week, and how he has done on a week-to-week basis.
In Week 8, Cowherd’s 4-1 record helped him immensely, losing just one game (Titans -6.5). Here is who he had:
- Dolphins (+4) vs. Rams
- Titans (-6.5) vs. Bengals
- Colts (-3) vs. Lions
- Broncos (+3.5) vs. Chargers
- Seahawks (-3) vs. 49ers
Here is a look at who Cowherd has liked each and every week, with a week-by-week look.
Cowherd’s Week 7 NFL picks were good, going 3-2. Here is who he liked:
- Packers -3.5 vs. Texans – Win
- Steelers +1.5 vs. Titans – Win
- Saints -7.5 vs. Panthers – Loss
- Seahawks -3.5 vs. Cardinals – Loss
- Rams -6 vs. Bears – Win
In Week 6, here is who Cowherd liked after going 2-3.
- Steelers (-4) vs. CLE – Win
- Patriots (-9.5) vs. DEN – Loss
- Ravens (-7.5) vs. PHI – Loss
- Packers (-1) vs. TB – Loss
- 49ers (+3.5) vs. LAR – Win
Week 5 was a tough one for Cowherd, going 1-4.
- Falcons (-2.5) vs. CAR – LOSS
- Jaguars (+6) vs. HOU – LOSS
- Washington (+7.5) vs. LAR – LOSS
- Colts (-1) vs. CLE – LOSS
- Vikings (+7) vs. SEA – WIN
Week 4 was a bad one for Cowherd, going 1-3-1. He liked:
- Cowboys -5.5 – LOSS
- Bears +2.5 – LOSS
- Dolphins +6 – LOSS
- Buccaneers -7 – PUSH
- Bills -3 – WIN
In Week 3, Cowherd went 4-1 with just the lone loss being Houston. Here is who he liked:
- Bills (-2.5) – WIN
- Patriots (-5.5) – WIN
- Bengals (+5) – WIN
- Texans (+4.5) – LOSS
- Buccaneers (-6) – WIN
Week 2 was a second consecutive week going 2-3 starting the season. Here is who Cowherd liked:
- Cowboys (-5) – LOSS
- Lions (+6.5) – LOSS
- Dolphins (+5.5) – WIN
- Bucs (-7.5) – WIN
- Patriots (+4) – LOSS
Cowherd’s picks in Week 1 started the season on a bad note, going 2-3 after some tough losses.
- Ravens (-7) vs. Browns – WIN
- Jets (+6.5) at Bills – LOSS
- Falcons (+2.5) vs. Seahawks – LOSS
- Panthers (+3) vs. Raiders – LOSS
- LA Rams (+3) vs. Cowboys – WIN
Colin Cowherd’s 2019 Blazin’ 5 Picks Record: 42-41-3
Cowherd has started off slowly in 2020, but he was just under .500 in 2019. Here is a look at his record by week last year.
- 42-41-3 in Regular Season
- 0-3 in the Wild Card Round
- 3-1 in the Divisional Round
- 1-1 in the AFC and NFC Championship Games
- Best Barstool Sportsbook Promo Codes Include Risk-Free Bets, Overs Club & More - March 28, 2022
- 2022 Midterm Elections Odds – Which party will control the Senate? - March 23, 2022
- Barstool Sports NFL Picks and Locks for Super Bowl 56 - February 11, 2022