Last Updated on November 6, 2021
Last week was a crazy one in the NFL, with all kinds of bye weeks and injuries. Week 9 should be a much better one from a football fan’s perspective, but also one that Colin Cowherd can grow on after a winning week with his betting picks.
Every Friday at 1 PM EST on “The Herd”, Cowherd has a segment called the “Blazin’ 5”. This is his five favorite betting picks against the spread, which has become a popular segment for afternoon radio and television. We have tracked his picks all season, and in the last two years.
Let’s get to it. In this article, we take a look at who Colin Cowherd is betting on for Week 9 in the NFL. In addition, you will find each of his five picks, predictions, and analysis on each game. Finally, we take a look at his betting record week-to-week along with his overall record on the season and in years past.
Colin Cowherd’s NFL Picks This Week
Despite struggling this season, Cowherd still provides picks each and every week as he could get hot and hit. Without further ado, let’s take a look at Cowherd’s betting picks for Week 9 in the NFL.
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) November 5, 2021
Cowherd’s betting analysis for Week 9
For the second hour of the Friday edition of “The Herd“, Colin Cowherd goes through his five favorite games for the week in the NFL. He gives his breakdown of the game, his pick against the spread, and a prediction on the final score. Whether his betting picks win or lose does not matter to some, as the betting analysis and trends provides value. Whether you fade or follow Cowherd, you can gain some knowledge by listing to the Blazin’ 5. Below, his picks and analysis is posted with the predictions on each game.
Baltimore Ravens -6 vs. Minnesota Vikings
- Ravens are top-4 in the NFL in yards per play.
- Vikes are 1-5 in the last six games against winning teams.
- Ravens off a bye, Colin LOVES good teams off a bye.
Prediction: Ravens 33-24.
Dallas Cowboys -9.5 vs. Denver Broncos
- Cowboys are on a six-game winning streak, and have outgained everyone.
- Cedrick Wilson is an added target for the Cowboys, and Denver is without Von Miller.
- Broncos are 0-4 when scoring 14 or fewer points.
Prediction: Cowboys 34-23.
Atlanta Falcons +6.5 vs. New Orleans Saints
- No Michael Thomas, so the Saints need to run.
- Falcons have not allowed a 100-yard rusher in quite some time.
- Saints and Falcons games are VERY close by nature.
Prediction: Saints 26-24.
New York Giants +3 vs. Las Vegas Raiders
- Golladay and Toney are back, Giants getting healthier.
- Giants defense is top-7 in third down and takeaways in the last few games.
- Raiders are one of the worst red zone defenses.
Prediction: Giants 24-23.
San Francisco 49ers -1 vs. Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals are banged up, Kyler didn’t practice.
- Watt is hurt, so they are damaged on rush defense. Niners love to run.
- Jimmy G is 3-1 in his career against the Cardinals.
Prediction: 49ers 30-24.
Cowherd’s Betting Picks Record in 2021
Each week on “The Herd”, host Colin Cowherd gives his favorite five betting picks against the spread for the NFL week at hand. This has not been a great season for Cowherd, but he did have a winning week last week.
Cowherd finally had his best week in Week 8, as he went 3-2 after winning on the Bills, Pats, and Saints. Let’s look at all of Cowherd’s betting picks from last week.
- Bills -14 vs. Dolphins (Win)
- Colts -2.5 vs. Titans (Loss)
- Patriots +4.5 vs. Chargers (Win)
- Jaguars +3.5 vs. Seahawks (Loss)
- Saints +4.5 vs. Buccaneers (Win)
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) October 29, 2021
Next, let’s look at how Cowherd has fared this season with his week-to-week NFL betting record.
- Last week: 3-2
- Week 7 record: 2-3
- Record in Week 6: 1-4
- In Week 5: 1-3-1
- For NFL Week 4: 2-3
- Week 3: 2-3
- In Week 2: 2-3
- Week 1: 2-3
This year, Cowherd’s record is 15-24-1
Wondering who the public is betting on for this week in the NFL? Here is our public consensus data to help give you an edge.
What is Cowherd’s Blazing Five record history?
Cowherd’s Blazing Five record from the last two years is something we have tracked. Last year, here was Cowherd’s betting record on the “Blazin’ 5”.
- 40-41-2 in regular season
- 2-5-1 in the playoffs
- 0-1 for the Super Bowl
In 2019-2020, Cowherd’s record was 42-41-3 in the regular season and 4-5 in the playoffs.
Cowherd’s CFB Picks This Week
Each week, Cowherd also provides his favorite CFB betting picks for the given week. He does not give these picks on “The Herd”, but does tweet them out via his Volume Sports Twitter account. Volume has a partnership with FanDuel Sportsbook that results in a “Saturday Spreads” promotion. This contest allows bettors to win a share of $5,000 each week when picking with (or against) Cowherd’s picks. Here are his CFB picks for this week.
🌪️ Iowa State -6.5
🦆 Oregon -6.5
🔵 North Carolina -2.5@ColinCowherd is back for Week 10 of his Saturday Spreads contest — sign up today at https://t.co/UDjZgsvirJ for your chance to win $5k in weekly prizes! pic.twitter.com/C54VztQQ4a
— The Volume (@TheVolumeSports) November 5, 2021
- Betting Odds On The 2024 Republican Presidential Nominee – Trump Leads - March 30, 2022
- 2022 NFL Draft #1 Pick Odds – Who goes first? - March 18, 2022
- Barstool Sportsbook Opens Betting on NCAA Tournament Seeding - March 5, 2022