The NFL playoffs begin this week, which means the traditional “Blazin’ 5” from Colin Cowherd is over for the regular season. As he did last year though, Cowherd made betting picks through the NFL playoffs so we will continue to track his selections. Each and every week on his podcast, “The Herd”, Cowherd provides a look at his five favorite games and makes a pick against the spread. With the NFL playoffs beginning, he makes picks on a few games and gives his thoughts on each. Will he continue to have hot takes throughout the playoffs? He would not be Cowherd if he didn’t.
The NFL regular season was not too kind to Cowherd, as he finished just below .500 on the year at 40-41-2. Regardless, his picks segment each week in “Blazin’ 5” was backed by statistical information and trends that the betting public likes to hear for making their betting picks. While Cowherd is not a betting expert, his segment is one of the most popular on the radio.
It’s the first week of the NFL playoffs, but there are six games to choose from from a betting perspective. Let’s take a look at who Colin Cowherd likes for this week, with odds provided by FOX Bet Sportsbook.
Colin Cowherd’s NFL Picks This Week
Each and every week, Cowherd discusses his “Blazing Five” NFL picks for the week at hand. With the NFL regular season over, Cowherd makes selections on a handful of the playoff games. With six games in the first week of the playoffs, will Cowherd pick all six games? Picks will be listed below after his podcast on Friday. As always, odds are provided by FOX Bet Sportsbook. Here are his picks.
- Bills -6.5
- Rams +3.5
- Washington +8
- Bears +9.5
- Steelers -6
Colin Cowherd NFL Super Wild Card Weekend Betting Picks and Analysis
Looking for Colin Cowherd’s Blazin’ 5 this week? Here are his picks for #SuperWildCardWeekend
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) January 8, 2021
All picks and analysis are provided by Cowherd on “The Herd” on Friday afternoon. Here is a look at his picks for Super Wild Card Weekend, along with his analysis on each game summed up with a prediction. Cowherd only loves two games, but here are his five picks.
Indianapolis Colts at Buffalo Bills (-6.5)
- Buffalo has won six straight by 10+ points at home.
- Buffalo has been better offensively than KC since Week 12.
- The Colts worry Cowherd, and Rivers does not do it for him.
Cowherd’s Prediction: Bills 31-20
Los Angeles Rams (+3.5) at Seattle Seahawks
- Seattle plays one-possession games more than anyone. Most in the NFL the last two years.
- DK Metcalf has disappeared, and the Rams defense has been great.
- The Rams defense is number one in yards per play, and everyone is back.
- Cowherd loves this game, and is betting it.
Cowherd’s Prediction: Rams 21-20
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Washington Football Team (+8)
- Cowherd did not bet this one, but this is the pick.
- Washington’s defense is good, but their offense struggles which is why they can’t win the game.
- Alex Smith is 5-0 in their last five starts, but Washington can’t win here.
Cowherd’s Prediction: Tampa wins 26-20
Chicago Bears (+9.5) at New Orleans Saints
- Cowherd thinks the Saints are the best team in the NFL in terms of the roster.
- The Bears are just getting a ton of points, Saints win but the Bears could easily cover.
Cowherd’s Prediction: Saints 28-23
Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers (-6)
- Cowherd loves the Steelers this week.
- The Browns have the fewest players in the playoffs with experience.
- Cleveland does not have a coach, coronavirus concerns, and more.
- Big Ben will be much more comfortable than Baker Mayfield.
Cowherd’s Prediction: Steelers 28-20
Cowherd does not have a pick for the Ravens and Titans.
Cowherd’s NFL Blazing Five Record was 40-41-2 in 2020 Regular Season
Too late to make change in Blazin 5– but, Rams plus 3 would replace Eagles plus 1.5. First, Alex Smith will now play. Like @WashingtonNFL now. Also really interesting intel w Rams/Cardinals. All good for @RamsNFL.
— Colin Cowherd (@ColinCowherd) January 3, 2021
In Week 17, the last week of the season was not great to Cowherd as he went 2-3 (or 3-2, if you count his updated tweet from above). As Cowherd says though, he said “too late to make change” as bettors bet the lines at the time of wagering. This brought him below .500 on the season to 40-41-2. Here is a look at last week’s picks.
- Giants +1.5 – Win
- Panthers +6.5 – Loss
- Titans -7.5 – Loss
- 49ers +6.5 – Win
- Eagles +2.5 – Loss
- (Bonus per above tweet – Rams +3 vs. Cardinals) – Win
- Week 1: 2-3
- Week 2: 2-3
- Week 3: 4-1
- Week 4: 1-3-1
- Week 5: 1-4
- Week 6: 2-3
- Week 7: 3-2
- Week 8: 4-1
- Week 9: 1-4
- Week 10: 4-1
- Week 11: 1-4
- Week 12: 2-2-1
- Week 13: 3-2
- Week 14: 3-2
- Week 15: 4-1
- Week 16: 1-2
- Week 17: 2-3
Year-to-date record: 40-41-2
— FOX Bet (@FOXBet) January 1, 2021
Colin Cowherd’s NFL picks record from last season: 42-41-3
This marks the end of two seasons tracked at ActionRush, and here is a look at how Cowherd performed in 2019. He was better last year by just a few picks, going 42-41-3. This puts him at exactly .500 through two years at 82-82-5. With juice, this puts him down units overall. Here is a look at how he performed in each part of the season last year.
- 42-41-3 in the regular season
- 0-3 in the 2020 Wild Card Round
- 3-1 in the NFL 2020 Divisional Round
- 1-1 in the 2020 AFC and NFC Championship
- Oscars Odds 2021: Yes, You Can Legally Bet on the Oscars - April 20, 2021
- DraftKings UFC 261 Bet $5, Win $130 On Usman vs. Masvidal Fight Picks - April 19, 2021
- FoxBet PA & NJ Promo: 5x Your Yankees and Pirates Bets - April 13, 2021