Last Updated on January 14, 2022
The NFL regular season has ended, and the playoffs have officially begun. Betting on the NFL is not close to over though, as many bettors wager on the NFL playoffs. Colin Cowherd is no exception, as he has provided playoff picks the last few seasons. While the “Blazin’ 5” may be a different number, we still get to fade or follow Cowherd’s betting picks.
Without further ado, let’s look at Cowherd’s “Blazin’ 5” betting picks for the Wild Card Round. In this article, we look at Colin’s NFL betting picks for this weekend and stats, trends and analysis on each game. In addition, we look at a final score prediction for each contest, a look at Cowherd’s betting record on the season, and his career record.
Colin Cowherd’s NFL Picks This Week
After the end of the NFL regular season, Cowherd finished 10 games under .500. Should he decide to do picks for the playoffs, we will provide them below. Here’s a look at his action.
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) January 14, 2022
Cowherd’s betting analysis for Wild Card Weekend 2022
Each week on “The Herd“, Colin Cowherd gives his favorite five betting picks against the spread in the NFL. This segment is called the “Blazin’ 5” and he gives stats, trends, and a prediction on the final score. This prediction leads to his betting pick for the given matchup. Here is this week’s analysis.
Cincinnati Bengals -5.5 vs. Las Vegas Raiders
- Most vs. fewest penalty yards between Raiders and Bengals.
- Raiders had 90 snaps last week and have a short week. Bengals were “off” last week.
- Vegas ended the regular season with four straight wins of under four points.
Prediction: Bengals 32-26.
New England Patriots +4 vs. Buffalo Bills
- Pats have a TON of rushing touchdowns, and the game is close.
- Bills are 0-5 in one-possession games this season.
- Josh Allen is 3-4 in his career vs. Pats.
Prediction: Bills 28-27.
Philadelphia Eagles +8.5 vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Eagles do NOT make mistakes, and Brady does right now.
- Philadelphia and Bucs are both 7-3 in the last 10.
- Brady has more giveaways than the Eagles. Bucs are banged up.
- Too many points for Colin.
Prediction: Bucs 27-24.
San Francisco +4 vs. Dallas Cowboys
- SF leads the NFL in yards per play.
- 150+ yards on the ground per game of late.
- Jimmy G has been AWESOME since Thanksgiving.
Prediction: 49ers 28-27.
Los Angeles Rams -4 vs. Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona defense has allowed six yards per play in the last five games.
- Kyler is 1-5 in his career against the Rams.
- Colin’s least-confident pick of the week.
Prediction: Rams 31-26.
Cowherd’s Betting Picks Record in 2021-2022
Like many bettors, Cowherd has struggled in 2021-2022 as a NFL bettor. With that said, he has had two straight winning weeks after a positive Week 18. Each week, we’ve tracked his picks and success (or lack thereof).
Next, let’s take a look at Cowherd’s picks from last week where he went 3-2.
- Cowboys -4.5 (Win)
- Falcons +3.5 (Loss)
- Rams -4.5 (Loss)
- Dolphins +6 (Win)
- Raiders +3 (Win)
Now, let’s look at Cowherd’s betting record on a week-to-week basis from this season in the NFL.
- Last week: 3-2
- In Week 17: 3-2
- For Week 16: Joy made picks and went 2-3.
- In Week 15: 2-3.
- Week 14: 1-4.
- For Week 13: 3-2.
- In Week 12: 1-4.
- For Week 11: 3-2.
- 4-1 in Week 10.
- 2-3 in Week 9.
- 3-2 in Week 8.
- 2-3 in Week 7.
- 1-4 in Week 6.
- 1-3-1 in Week 5.
- 2-3 in Week 4.
- 2-3 in Week 3.
- Week 2 record: 2-3.
- In Week 1, Cowherd went 2-3.
For the season, Cowherd’s record is 37-47-1
What is Cowherd’s Blazing Five record history?
In the past, Cowherd has been below .500 as a NFL bettor. With that said, he has not struggled like he did this season. Let’s take a look at his career as a bettor.
2020 Cowherd Betting Record
- 40-41-2 in regular season.
- 2-5-1 in the playoffs.
- 0-1 for the Super Bowl.
2019 Cowherd Betting Record
- 42-41-3 in regular season.
- 4-5 in the playoffs.
Cowherd Career Betting Record
- 88-93-6 entering this season.
- Colin Cowherd Blazing Five NFL Picks – Conference Championships 2022 - January 27, 2022
- When Will Barstool Sportsbook & Casino Come to Your State? - January 27, 2022
- NFL Upset Picks for the Conference Championships: Who are the biggest underdogs this week? - January 24, 2022