This weekend is what we have all been waiting for. It is Super Bowl Sunday, and the Kansas City Chiefs take on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the 55th Super Bowl, and the first that a team will be playing in their home stadium as Tampa hosts. With that in mind, it’s the biggest football game of the year which means it’s the most talked about game by Colin Cowherd.
Each week during the 2020-2021 NFL season, including most weeks during the playoffs, Colin Cowherd has provided analysis and picks against the spread. This segment has been called his “Blazin’ 5” as it has featured five picks. Of course during the playoffs, the number of games dwindles. This week of course, there’s just one pick. During the year, Cowherd’s record was 40-41-2, and his playoff record is 2-4-1 so far. Will his pick be right or wrong for the Super Bowl? Time will tell.
This weekend is the Super Bowl, which means it is the final game of the NFL season. Cowherd has been talking about this game for the last two weeks, and it is time to see who his pick against the spread could be. Let’s take a look at Cowherd’s pick and more information, with odds courtesy of FOX Bet Sportsbook.
Colin Cowherd’s Super Bowl Pick
What we’ve been waiting for, here is Colin Cowherd’s Super Bowl pick against the spread. Cowherd loves the Chiefs, especially after this Andy Reid interview.
- Joy Taylor has 38-34, Chiefs, so Chiefs -3.
- Colin Cowherd has 31-24 Chiefs, making Chiefs -3.
Check out some of the latest promotions and bankroll builders at FOX Bet Sportsbook for the Super Bowl. At FOX Bet, you can get 10x your money if either team scores, for new players.
This Week’s Cowherd Super Bowl Pick and Analysis
Colin Cowherd picks his Super Bowl 55 against the spread on his “The Herd” live show for FOX Sports. Not only does Cowherd give his picks, he provides a bunch of information and trends to back why he is picking who. Let’s take a look at his pick and analysis.
Kansas City Chiefs (-3) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+3)
For all the marbles. One game, two of the best quarterbacks in all of football (and maybe ever, when all is said and done), and what promises to be a tremendous Super Bowl. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Kansas City Chiefs will face off in Super Bowl 55, and we know that Colin Cowherd will have a take (or two) about the game given the close spread. Here is not only his picks, but why he likes which team at FOX Bet Sportsbook.
- “I can see several outcomes” – says Cowherd.
- 26-5 off a bye for Andy Reid.
- Chiefs have 33 players that have played in a Super Bowl.
- Chiefs only NFL team to go undefeated this season.
- Chiefs beat the Bucs in Week 12.
- Mahomes has a passer rating of 102 when facing pressure in the playoffs.
- Tom Brady has 0 TD and 3 INT, and 74.2 QB Rating in the first half of the last three Super Bowls.
- Cowherd thinks there is a lot of this game played between the 20s.
Cowherd’s Prediction: Kansas City Chiefs 31-24 (Chiefs -3)
— NFL (@NFL) February 5, 2021
Cowherd’s NFL Blazin’ 5 Picks Record was 40-41-2 This Season
The NFL season comes to a close this week after the Super Bowl, which will wrap up Cowherd’s picks for the regular season and playoffs. We did track each and every pick he made this season, with links and records from each week. Here’s a look.
- Week 1: 2-3
- Week 2: 2-3
- Week 3: 4-1
- Week 4: 1-3-1
- Week 5: 1-4
- Week 6: 2-3
- Week 7: 3-2
- Week 8: 4-1
- Week 9: 1-4
- Week 10: 4-1
- Week 11: 1-4
- Week 12: 2-2-1
- Week 13: 3-2
- Week 14: 3-2
- Week 15: 4-1
- Week 16: 1-2
- Week 17: 2-3
- Wild Card Round: 1-3-1
- Divisional Round: No picks
- NFC and AFC Championship: 1-1
Year-to-date record: 40-41-2 (then 2-4-1 in the playoffs)
- The Worst NFL Mock Draft Ever? Colin Cowherd Has Some Questionable Picks - February 26, 2021
- 2021 March Madness Odds Movement: Baylor Favored to Win NCAA Tournament - February 26, 2021
- Russell Wilson Trade Rumors: Jets, Raiders, Dolphins Interested - February 25, 2021