The beginning of this year’s college football season has been a wild one for upsets. Clemson falling to Georgia, Ohio State falling to Oregon, and many other upsets have occurred the first month of the season. There is always a marquee upset each week in college football, which means there is money to be made betting the underdogs.
As many college bettors know, CFB is one of the few sports that is said to be exploitable as there is an “edge” to be had by bettors. That means for the most part we as bettors can find those edges in upsets, and spreads that are far too great.
Let’s take a look at the latest odds for Week 3 in college football, the best upset picks, a look at the biggest underdogs, and more at various legal sportsbooks offering early action on college football.
Early Upset Picks for Week 4
There are upsets every single week in college football, and that is where bettors tend to find the most value. While huge moneyline upsets are not as frequent, the payouts can be massive with just how far the spread is. For example in Week 1, Notre Dame was a huge favorite against Florida State, but the game went to overtime and had a chance for a massive payout for FSU moneyline bettors. Looking ahead to Week 4, there are quite a few massive underdogs that would be seismic upsets should they win.
Here is a look at our best upset picks for Week 4 in college football. While these are not likely to hit, there is some value to consider given the prices.
- Notre Dame +198 at FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Mississippi State +125 at DraftKings Sportsbook.
- Utah State +270 at DraftKings Sportsbook.
- Arkansas +198 at FanDuel Sportsbook.
- West Virginia +550 at DraftKings Sportsbook.
As the season moves on, be sure to keep an eye on our college football public betting page, showing where the public is wagering
College Football Week 4 Odds
Week 4 of the college football season starts early this week, which means CFB bettors are scavenging the lines to find the best bets, picks, and value at various legal sportsbooks in an exploitable sport. Here is a look at each game that has betting odds available, and at which sportsbooks you can find those prices.
CFB Week 4 Betting Splits
Each week, a look at the betting splits from DraftKings Sportsbook for the most-wagered on games will be posted. Below, you will see how bettors are wagering on the spread, total, and moneyline in terms of handle and total bets. Stay tuned for the updated information. Here’s an example of what CFB betting splits looks like.
CFB Week 3 betting splits for ranked games from @DKSportsbook
(pardon errors on Coastal game, will have updates tomorrow and Saturday) pic.twitter.com/flxjF23yeT
— Julian Edlow (@julianedlow) September 17, 2021
Who are the biggest underdogs for Week 4?
For Week 4 of the college football season, there are a ton of teams that are very large underdogs on the betting lines, which means there is likely some value available. Here is a list of the teams that are the biggest underdogs for Week 4, and how many points they are getting against the spread. There are quite a few big underdogs this week, which could make for some huge upsets and winnings for underdog bettors.
- UNLV +32 vs. Fresno State
- Bowling Green +31 vs. Minnesota
- Villanova +29 vs. Penn State
- Vanderbilt +34 vs. Georgia
- Massachusetts +36 vs. Coastal Carolina
- Colorado State +22.5 vs. Iowa
- Connecticut +29.5 vs. Wyoming
- Georgia State +27 vs. Auburn
- Tennessee +20 vs. Florida
- Navy +20 vs. Houston
- Akron +49 vs. Ohio State
- Southern Mississippi +45 vs. Alabama
- Louisiana-Monroe +23.5 vs. Troy
- South Florida +23.5 vs. BYU
- Arizona +28 vs. Oregon
Looking for more underdogs in Week 4 of college football? Check out DraftKings Sportsbook for a full selection of games and odds.
More College Football Betting Info
Looking for more college football betting info?
- College Football National Championship Odds
- Heisman Trophy Odds
- Public Betting Report – College Football
- Colin Cowherd Blazing Five NFL Picks – Week 3 2021 - September 24, 2021
- Scott Van Pelt Picks This Week – College Football Week 4 - September 24, 2021
- Betting Odds On The 2024 Republican Presidential Nominee – Trump Again? - September 21, 2021