It was only a matter of time until this happened, wasn’t it?
Reports across the internet indicate that DraftKings will have a commercial for the Super Bowl, and now is a perfect time for it with a new round of funding coming after “going public” in 2020, legal sports betting growing at a fast and furious pace, and more. Remember, DraftKings is the official daily fantasy sports partner of the NFL in the 2019-20 season.
Of course, everyone knows the costs behind a 2020 Super Bowl commercial so it will be key that DraftKings does it well. With fantasy sports and sports betting being under one brand, DraftKings looks to become a global giant in the new decade, and that starts with a Super Bowl betting commercial.
DraftKings currently offers daily fantasy sports contests and sports betting, and per CMO Tom Goedde in the latest video on “AdWeek”, legal sports betting in the US could be worth nearly $8B in the next five years.
The Super Bowl Commercial
Former NFL wide receiver Nate Burleson will start the commercial with “It’s Mount Cashmore”, and other sports betting lingo in what looks to be a DraftKings Sportsbook.
Take a look at DraftKings’ “Made in America” campaign details, which will start in the NFL playoffs and possibly have a Super Bowl commercial:
- Campaign is called Made in America
- Features NFL WR Nate Burleson
- The “Made in America” slogan is interesting, as other sportsbooks are from Europe (FanDuel in UK), and offshore illegal books.
- The commercials run from 15 to 60 seconds, and will be running for two weeks from January 18th until pre-game of the Super Bowl on February 2nd.
- DraftKings is really tapping into being from America, ensuring users it’s “safe and secure”, per Goedde.
|WHO IS THE PUBLIC BETTING ON?||2020 SUPER BOWL GATORADE PROPS/PICKS||ULTIMATE GUIDE TO CRAZY PROP BETS|
|SUPER BOWL BETTING HISTORY||SUPER BOWL MVP ODDS/PICKS||NATIONAL ANTHEM PROPS/PICKS|
The NFL Post-Season & Super Bowl Audience Target
Advertising during the NFL playoffs does one thing that is guaranteed. People will be watching.
DraftKings knows this, and will take full advantage. Last season, the NFC and AFC Championships combined for nearly 100M viewers between the Rams, Saints, Patriots, and Chiefs.
This season, some very large markets are in the hunt in the NFL playoffs. Seattle, Philadelphia, New Orleans, San Francisco, New England, Houston, Minneapolis and other large cities all have teams in the hunt, and all of those markets will be shown as the NFL Playoffs are broadcasts on cable networks.
Acquisition and Reactivation of Sports Bettors
That is not all though, as DraftKings CMO Goedde says:
“The Super Bowl is much less about acquisition, it’s more about reactivating people that may have slowed down.”
This makes for an interesting point, as DraftKings has a large user-base already. It just needs to “reactivate” them into making bets with this new commercial campaign.
- FanDuel Sportsbook Tips off the NBA Season With 75/1 odds On Any Team Oct. 19-20 - October 15, 2021
- Colin Cowherd Blazing Five NFL Picks – Week 6 2021 - October 15, 2021
- Scott Van Pelt Picks This Week – College Football Week 7 - October 14, 2021