We are just two days away from Super Bowl 55, and what a matchup it will be between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Kansas City Chiefs. A battle of two of the better quarterbacks in the NFL, two pass-happy head coaches, and what could be the biggest set of talent on the offensive side of the football for both teams combined in a Super Bowl.

With all this offensive talent comes a ton of betting interest on the Super Bowl. At DraftKings Sportsbook, there is a close spread (three points), a total of 56 points, and an endless selection of props to choose from. Now, the important information is sought after by all bettors…what is the public betting on? DraftKings Sportsbook has provided us with this data leading up to the Super Bowl, so let’s take a look at what the public has their money on and how that could affect your decision-making when it comes to wagering on the Big Game.

 

PREDICTION CHALLENGE

Open to all states.
Play live during the Super Bowl for HUGE Prizes!

PLAY NOW
SUPER BOWL 55UP TO $25K INSTANT
HUGE PRIZES
PLAY NOW!

 

Public Money Back On Chiefs

DRAFTKINGS SUPER BOWL 55 PUBLIC BETTING SPLITS
Sunday, February 7, 2021 [updated Sunday, Feb. 7, 2:20 pm EST]
 
Teams Point Spread % Handle % Bets Total Points % Handle % Bets Moneyline % Handle % Bets
                   
KC Chiefs -3 57% 66% Over 56 71% 68% -157 48% 40%
TB Buccaneers +3 43% 34% Under 56 29% 32% +138 52% 60%
                   
Provided by DraftKings Sportsbook

There was a famous quote in one of the most popular sitcoms of all time where Michael Scott says “Well, well, well, how the turntables…”

 

That is what has happened with the public betting percentages for Super Bowl 55 at DraftKings Sportsbook. As you can see above, the Chiefs are receiving 48% of the betting handle for spread wagers at -3, with the Bucs at 52%. This is a massive swing from early in the week as 79% of the early money was on the Chiefs. Here’s a look in table form.

Teams Spread % Handle Now % Handle Then
KC Chiefs -3 48% 79%
TB Buccaneers +3 52% 21%

 

What is important to note here is that 70% of the total bets are on the Chiefs, which is only a 2% difference from (72% then), but the money changed drastically. What does that mean? There is a few heavy wagers on the Bucs’ +3.

 

Bettors Expect a Lot of Scoring in Super Bowl 55

Teams Total Points % Handle % Bets
KC Chiefs Over 56 74% 71%
TB Buccaneers Under 56 26% 29%

While the opening total was 57.5 points for the look-ahead lines at DraftKings Sportsbook, the total settled in at 56 points. With that said, 74% of the public money and 71% of the total bets have still come in on over 56 points. Bettors expect there to be a lot of scoring in the Super Bowl, and for good reason with the talent on the field. Earlier in the season, the Chiefs and Bucs combined for 51 total points. Here’s a look at the highlights.

 

DRAFTKINGS SPORTSBOOK

DraftKings Sportsbook App is the most popular in the country!

New users get a $1,000 bonus!

GET THE APP!
FREE BET PROMO$1,000
FREE BONUS
PLAY NOW

 

Super Bowl Odds Movement Stems from Bucs Bettors

Teams Moneyline % Handle % Bets
KC Chiefs -162 49% 44%
TB Buccaneers +143 51% 56%

The moneyline has moved for Super Bowl 55, as the opening moneylines were:

  • Chiefs (-175)
  • Bucs (+140)

Now, with the Bucs slightly moving to +143 that is not much of a move. But the Chiefs moving from -175 to -162 is interesting, and could stem from the heavy money coming in on the spread for the Tampa Bay Bucs. While the moneyline is a different betting market, the spread has remained the same at -3, and the splits for handle and bets have not changed for total moneyline wagers. Could DraftKings be attempting to entice a closer split on money wagered on either side?

Note: Just after publishing, the moneyline for this game moved to Chiefs (-159) and Bucs (+140), even more movement favoring the Bucs.

 

Want to double your money if a touchdown is scored in the Super Bowl? Seems like a no-brainer, find out more information here.

 

Other Super Bowl 55 Content

 

 

DRAFTKINGS SPORTSBOOK

DraftKings Sportsbook App is the most popular in the country!

New users get a $1,000 bonus!

GET THE APP!
FREE BET PROMO$1,000
FREE BONUS
PLAY NOW
Contact me