The San Francisco 49ers are going to be a very tough out for the Green Bay Packers in the 2020 NFC Championship Game. The top-ranked Niners had very little trouble with the Minnesota Vikings while the Packers held off the Seattle Seahawks late charge.
Head coach Kyle Shanahan has made a huge jump in a season, as the 49ers were bottom-dwellers in 2018-19, and now head to the NFC Championship one year later. As for the Packers, new head coach Matt LaFleur advances to the NFC Championship game in his rookie campaign.
2020 NFC Championship Game Details
- Date: Sunday, January 19
- Time: 6:40 p.m. EST
- Location: Levi’s Stadium (Santa Clara, CA)
- Network: FOX
- Announcers: Joe Buck (play-by-play), Troy Aikman (color analyst), Erin Andrews (sideline reporter)
- Radio: KNBR 680(San Francisco), WIXX 101.1 FM (Green Bay)
- Weather: Partly Cloudy, 66 degrees, 15 mph NNE Winds
Packers – 49ers Spread NFC Championship
No real surprise here as the 49ers open as seven-point favorites over the Packers in NFC Championship game. Given the 49ers are at home and just demolished the Vikings after a first-round bye clearly earns them a spread of a touchdown.
The Packers are a very interesting team, as they are 14-3 now on the season but have been outgained by over 100 yards. Think about that. Green Bay has won a lot of close games, and won a close one against a beaten-up Seahawks team in the Divisional Round. Expect a lot of the public money to be on the home favorite in the 49ers.
The total may grab the attention of some bettors with the number set at 45.5 points at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|TEAMS||William Hill Sportsbook||DraftKings Sportsbook||PointsBet Sportsbook|
|FREE $150 BET||FREE $1,000 BONUS||DEPOSIT $50 – BET $150|
🏈#ChiefsKingdom -7 are seeing 70% of the action
— Action Rush (@ActionRushBets) January 17, 2020
49ers Are NOT Favored To Win Super Bowl 54
Surprisingly, the 49ers are not favored to win the 2020 Super Bowl.
|Team||DraftKings Sportsbook Odds||FanDuel Sportsbook Odds||Unibet Sportsbook Odds||BetMGM||PlaySugarHouse Odds|
With the Chiefs scoring at will and the top teams (in terms of talent) in the AFC are already eliminated, Kansas City may have the easiest path.
Is this the year that Andy Reid finally gets his Super Bowl ring? Let’s take a look at the current Super Bowl Odds:
Packers – 49ers Betting Trends & Props
Lets take a look at some betting trends for the Packers vs. 49ers NFC Championship matchup:
- Home teams are 17-15 ATS in the championship round, while home favorites are 14-12 ATS.
- No. 1 seeds are 12-10 ATS in conference championship games, including 10-8 ATS as a favorite. They’re also 6-7 ATS against No. 2 seeds.
- Teams that won the previous head-to-head matchup by at least 14 points are 1-7 ATS in conference championship games.
- No. 2 seeds are 10-11 ATS in conference championship games. They are 3-5 ATS at home and 3-4 ATS as home favorites.
Most Passing Yards Prop Bets
Most Rushing Yards Prop Bets
Most Receiving Yards Prop Bets
|Travis Kelce||+400||DK & FD|
Packers vs 49ers Prediction NFC Championship
The 49ers are by far the most talented team remaining in the playoffs, and they proved that with a shellacking against the Vikings in the Divisional Round.
The Niners’ defensive line is far superior to the Packers’ banged up offensive line, and they are built similar to the Vikings, just with a more powerful run blocking attack. The Niners roll to the Super Bowl.