Last Updated on September 3, 2021
As the legal sports betting space continues to expand in terms of audience and popularity, more and more mainstream media television shows are starting to feature full segments dedicated to sports betting. This includes late night SportsCenter with Scott Van Pelt, taking place during the college football and NFL season.
Scott Van Pelt is one of the most polarizing personalities in all of sports, as he hosts a very popular “SportsCenter” each week during football season that takes place around midnight eastern standard time on Thursday nights. His most popular segment is called “Bad Beats”, but right after that is a fun segment called “Winners”. On Winners, Scott Van Pelt picks his favorite games against the spread for both college football and the NFL. With the NFL starting one week later this season, college football picks start early.
This might shock you.
It appears that I’m going to have some underdogs in Winners. Yep…gonna take some points. That’s what I will do.
— Scott Van Pelt (@notthefakeSVP) September 1, 2021
Week 1 in college football features all the ranked teams in action, and a large number of games to wager on. Below is a look at Scott Van Pelt’s college football picks against the spread, from his SportsCenter segment called “Winners”. Let’s get to it.
SVP Picks – College Football Week 1
On his late-night SportsCenter with Scott Van Pelt show, SVP picks his favorite college football games against the spread. Here is a look at his picks, as he has a full betting card for Week 1 of the college football season. As promised by SVP on September 1st, he did have underdogs. He has five this week.
- Virginia Tech +5.5 vs. UNC
- Scott is 5-3 picking VT all-time.
- Penn State +5.5 vs. Wisconsin
- SVP likes Penn State in a physical matchup.
- Louisiana Lafayette +9 vs. Texas
- With a ton of pressure on the Horns, SVP likes the other side.
- UTSA +5 vs. Illinois
- This number has come WAY down, but still taking the +5.
- Florida State +7 vs. Notre Dame
- SVP loves the home underdog for a program that needs a big start.
Stanford Steve Picks for Week 1
In addition, Stanford Steve loves Kansas State and Stanford at under 53 points as his bonus pick on SVP’s “Winners” segment. On his podcast, he provided other winners including:
- Fresno State +20.5 vs. Oregon
- San Jose State +14 vs. USC
- Cal -3 vs. Nevada
SVP betting history from last year
NFL Betting Picks
SVP’s CFB Betting record in 2020: 27-27-1.
Expect to see SVP’s NFL picks next week, as the NFL begins in the second weekend of September this season.
CFB Betting Picks
SVP’s NFL betting record in 2020: 15-12.
Van Pelt also made a few picks in the CFB playoffs, staying around .500. It was a positive year in college football for SVP in 2020.
All time, per the show this week, his record is 308-298-10.
College Football betting odds this week
CFB betting info for Week 1
Looking for more CFB betting info, picks, and tips?
- Week 1 College Football Upset Picks
- College Football Consensus Betting
- Barstool Betting Picks for Week 1
- Betting Odds On The 2024 Republican Presidential Nominee – Trump Leads - March 30, 2022
- 2022 NFL Draft #1 Pick Odds – Who goes first? - March 18, 2022
- Barstool Sportsbook Opens Betting on NCAA Tournament Seeding - March 5, 2022