After a long and arduous process, sports betting is close to going live in Tennessee. The Tennessee Education Lottery Corporation (TEL), which is in charge of regulating sports betting in the state, plans to go live with four different sportsbooks on Nov. 1.
Tennessee online sports betting was legalized in July of 2019, but since there are no retail sportsbooks in the state, the process of setting up online sports betting has taken a long time to come to fruition. With that said, sports betting in Tennessee is on the goal line and only needs one more push.
“At this point, I’m pleased to tell you we’ll start no later than Nov. 1, and potentially a week or two ahead of that if we can get all of the background checks back from the folks who have them,” Lottery President Rebecca Hargrove recently said.
The Usual Suspects Will Launch Tennessee Betting
Whenever a new state goes live with sports betting, it’s a safe bet to assume that DraftKings and FanDuel are somewhere in the picture. Such is the case in Tennessee. DraftKings, FanDuel, and BetMGM are all working to acquire licenses to operate in the state.
So far, Tennessee has approved licenses for four vendors:
- Mark Knight, a sole proprietor for an out-of-state marketing affiliate
- Media Players US LLC
- Sports Betting ST, LLC, dba SBST
- Wedge Traffic Ltd., dba Wedge Traffic Inc.
In addition to these four licensed operators, there are 19 vendors who are in the process of getting approved for the Nov. 1 deadline. Although Tennessee’s launch of legalized sports betting took some time, it looks like bettors will have plenty of options when it finally does go live.
- Best Bills – Titans MNF Betting Promo: Get $100 at FanDuel if Josh Allen Throws For 1+ Yard - October 14, 2021
- Probably The Best FanDuel Promo This Week: Bet $5, Win $150 on Cowboys-Eagles MNF Clash - September 27, 2021
- FanDuel Sportsbook Tennessee Promo: Bet $5, Win $150 on Colts or Titans Moneyline - September 22, 2021