- See our top NFL Picks for week 6 if you like betting on the favorites
- The Jets are 0-5 ATS and have four double-digit losses this season.
- The Packers are 4-0 ATS.
- The Chiefs are 2-0 on the road.
This could be quite a weekend for the books…..
Highest Betting Handle for #NFL Week 6 at William Hill Sportsbooks:
94% KC -4.5 (Buff)
93% Tenn -3.5 (Hou)
92% GB -1 (TB)
89% LA Rams -3 (SF)
87% Minn -4 (ATL)
86% Balt -8.5 (PHL)
— Jason Ziernicki 🎲🏈➡️💰 (@jziernick) October 16, 2020
The Kansas City Chiefs, Tennessee Titans, and Green Bay Packers are three favorites who are hauling in over 90% of the total handle at William Hill Sportsbook. All three teams have Super Bowl aspirations and two of those teams are undefeated. The Chiefs recently lost to the Las Vegas Raiders, but the Titans and Packers are both 4-0 entering Week 6.
Here are some of the best favorites you can take against the spread in Week 6.
Dolphins (-9.5) over Jets
Betting against the New York Jets has been very profitable so far in 2020. The Jets are 0-5 against the spread this season and they’ve been underdogs in four of those five games. This will be the first time that the Dolphins are a favorite all season.
That’s not surprising considering how bad the Jets have looked this year. Offense, defense, special teams, coaching, whatever. The Jets are bad at all three phases of the game right now.
Of course, sometimes a two-score spread will scare bettors away from a game, but don’t let that number scare you. As head coach of the Jets, Adam Gase has more double-digit losses (11) than wins (7). Betting against the Jets might not cash every single week this season, but it will more often than not.
Packers (-1) over Buccaneers
Everybody loves a compelling quarterback matchup, right? Even though Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers won’t be on the field together at any point, the narrative of two Hall of Fame quarterbacks going head to head is always fun.
Brady is undoubtedly the most successful NFL quarterback of all-time, but Rodgers is in a different class right now. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are coming off of a disappointing loss to the Chicago Bears where Brady didn’t look bad, but he’s clearly not the same player he once was.
Rodgers, on the other hand, is one of the early favorites to win MVP and it shows in Green Bay’s record. The Packers are 4-0 this season and have scored at least 30 points in all of their games. They are first in the NFL in total scoring (38.0 PPG) and are almost five points ahead of the next team (Seattle Seahawks).
Green Bay is 4-0 against the spread this season and 2-0 as the favorite. The Buccaneers are 2-3 overall and 0-1 as the underdog.
Chiefs (-4) over Bills
Similar to how I’d advise you to bet against the Jets every week, I’d argue that betting on the Chiefs is a smart play over the long haul. With that said, the Bills are a contender this year, but they are coming into this game on a shortened week after getting blown out by the Titans on Tuesday.
Tennessee exposed the Bills and that spells trouble with the Chiefs coming into town. It’s worth noting that the Chiefs are also coming off of a loss, but we think they have a much better chance at bouncing back on Monday night. In Patrick Mahomes we trust.
Although the Chiefs are just 3-2 against the spread this season, they have a knack for coming up huge against tough opponents. Kansas City took the Ravens to the woodshed earlier this season and Mahomes showed everyone why he’s the best quarterback in football. Josh Allen is making tremendous strides so far in 2020, but he’s not at Mahomes’ level quite yet.
New users on FanDuel Sportsbook can actually get Chiefs moneyline at enhanced odds of +2500 for this game. The Chiefs are currently -220 on the moneyline so that is an insane offer that you shouldn’t pass up.
Other Week 6 Plays
- Steelers (-3.5) over Browns. Pittsburgh is on a 16-game home winning streak against Cleveland. The Steelers are 3-1 against the spread so far this season.
- Giants (-3.5) over Washington. This will be the first time all year that the Giants are favored, but given Washington’s issues at quarterback and New York’s solid defense, take the Giants here.
- Rams (-3) over 49ers. San Francisco is still very banged up and Los Angeles has won its last five games against NFC opponents.
- Cardinals (-1) over Cowboys. Dallas will be without Dak Prescott for the rest of the season. The Cowboys are 0-5 against the spread in 2020.
- Colts (-7.5) over Bengals. Indianapolis is 2-0 at home this season and Cincinnati is 0-2-1 on the road. Both teams are 3-2 against the spread.
- Texas vs. Oklahoma State Line: Spread Picks and Score Prediction (10/31/20) - October 28, 2020
- Panthers vs. Falcons Betting Picks, Odds and Score Prediction (Thursday 10/29/20) - October 27, 2020
- Rays vs. Dodgers Game 6 World Series Odds and Picks - October 27, 2020