While the 2024 Election may seem far away, the 2022 primaries are around the corner and before we know it it will be time for the parties to submit a nomination for the 2024 race. We know the Democratic party will have Joe Biden and Kamala Harris again in 2024, but what about the Republican party?
Donald Trump is the betting favorite to be the Republican Nominee in the 2024 election. Could he win again and serve a second term? Time will tell as Trump will be 78 years old but he is currently the favorite to be the Republican Nominee in 2024. Let’s take a look at the latest odds, odds movement, and more.
Odds Movement Timeline for the Republican Nomination
Here is a look at the timeline since the 2020 election, showing the odds movement for the Republican nomination market in the 2024 election.
- Late September 2021 – Trump’s odds rise to +170, and Ron DeSantis at +370. Other candidates’ odds fell.
- September 2021 – Donald Trump’s odds increased to +200.
- August 2021 – Trump and DeSantis sit atop the list, but Kristia Noem’s odds rose from +2400 to +1500.
- July 2021 – Florida’s Ron DeSantis continues to see his odds rise.
- May 2021 – Nikki Haley’s odds have started to fall, getting close to 7/1 as Ron DeSantis’ odds have jumped to +500.
- April 2021 – Haley, DeSantis, and Trump are all +600 or shorter.
- March 2021 – After the CPAC conference, Trump rose from +525 to +275 after all but confirming his intent to run in 2024.
- February 2021 – After Joe Biden’s inauguration, the Republican odds leaders were Donald Trump, Nikki Haley, and Mike Pence.
Republican Nominee Odds for the 2024 Election
As of fall 2021, here are the latest odds to win the 2024 Republican Nomination. Donald Trump is the favorite, but Governor Ron DeSantis of Florida is right behind him. Chances are the two will run together in 2024, but here is a look at the nomination.
|Potential Republican Candidate||Odds to win Nomination|
Will Mark Cuban run for President?
— People (@people) October 27, 2020
Will Mark Cuban seriously consider a campaign for President in 2024? His odds opened at 10:1 to win the nomination, and there were rumors of him entering the 2020 race. In the video above, he says he would not do it “for now”. Cuban has expressed political opinions and has been a big help for small businesses during the coronavirus pandemic. If Mark Cuban ran, he would certainly be a popular candidate based on pop culture with “Shark Tank”, Twitter, and being a front-facing governor of the Dallas Mavericks.
Cuban is the “most” likely of currently “celebrities” that would run for President in 2024, but it still seems like an unlikely event. The next four years will likely change in terms of candidates, but as of November of 2020, Cuban was 10:1 to be the next Republican Nominee in 2024.
As of fall 2021, Cuban’s odds were unlisted as he has not expressed intent to run in 2024.
Will Kanye West run for President in 2024?
Kanye West racking up 60,000 votes for president wasn't the only voting oddity from Election Day results. pic.twitter.com/FpRlSBXzbe
— USA TODAY (@USATODAY) November 5, 2020
Kanye West received 60,000 votes for President in the 2020 Election. This is not a typo, and Kanye has reportedly spent over $12M to be considered a candidate for 2020 (and beyond). Kanye apparently received a large sum of votes in California so the question must be asked…will Kanye West run for President in 2024?
His odds opened at +10000 to win the Republican Nominee for 2024, but it just does not seem likely that West would be a serious contender for the US Presidency. Oddly 10 years ago, the same question could have been said about the 45th President in the United States, Donald Trump however.
2024 Republican Nominee Odds Frequently Asked Questions
Who is favored to be the 2024 Republican Nominee?
Donald Trump is set to be the 2024 Republican Nominee as the favorite, with Ron DeSantis right behind him.
What are Donald Trump's odds to win the Republican Nomination?
Trump is the favorite to be the Republican Nominee in 2024, with odds at +170 as of fall 2021.
What are Ron DeSantis' odds to be the Republican nominee?
Florida's Ron DeSantis is +370 to be the Republican nomination in 2024, as of fall 2021.
- Colin Cowherd Blazing Five NFL Picks – Week 3 2021 - September 24, 2021
- Scott Van Pelt Picks This Week – College Football Week 4 - September 24, 2021
- Betting Odds On The 2024 Republican Presidential Nominee – Trump Again? - September 21, 2021