Last Updated on July 21, 2021
With the ever-growing expansion of the legal sports betting space, more and more states are adding platforms as time goes on. The latest news is focused around PointsBet looking to enter Arizona upon the state’s launch of legal sports betting in fall of 2021.
PointsBet is set to expand to many states in 2021 and 2022, with Arizona being one of the key targets for the company. Let’s take a look at the latest online sportsbook that could enter Arizona in the fall of 2021 as the state ramps up its sports betting offerings ahead of launch.
Cliff Castle Casino Hotel and PointsBet Partner to enter Arizona
PointsBet and Cliff Castle Hotel Casino have partnered in the state of Arizona in order to set the path to offer legal online sports betting in the state upon launch. Cliff Castle Casino Hotel is owned and operated by the Yavapai-Apache Nation tribe, and this allows for PointsBet to be one of the 20 legal sportsbooks that can be offered in the state of Arizona.
Let’s take a look at the terms of the agreement between the two parties.
— Alfonso Straffon 🇨🇷🇺🇸🇲🇽 (@astraffon) July 19, 2021
Partnership Details – Cliff Castle Casino Hotel and PointsBet
For many states in the US, a legal sportsbook must partner with a land-based casino in order to offer services as an online sportsbook to the state. In Arizona, that is set to be the rule as well and that is why PointsBet and the Yavapai-Apache Nation tribe have partnered.
Here are the details of the partnership between Cliff Castle Casino Hotel and PointsBet, in Arizona.
- 10 year agreement between the parties.
- PointsBet pays Yavapai-Apache Nation an access fee.
- PointsBet pays Yavapai-Apache Nation net revenue share.
- There will be a retail sportsbook on-site at the Cliff Castle Casino Hotel.
- PointsBet is paying licensing and regulation costs.
- A yearly donation will be made to the Yavapai-Apache Nation tribe.
This is a great deal for the Yavapai-Apache Nation, but also for PointsBet as it allows access to a brand new state with a blank canvas in terms of market share.
When will PointsBet Arizona launch?
Legal sports betting in Arizona is set to launch in the fall of 2021. Specifically, the launch date is set to be September 9th, 2021 right in the heart of the NFL season.
Expect PointsBet Arizona to be ready at launch as well, especially given that the partnership between PointsBet and Cliff Castle started in mid-July, giving both parties ample time to be ready for the start of the NFL season. We can expect to see the following betting markets available at PointsBet Arizona in the fall.
- Best Barstool Sportsbook Promo Codes Include Risk-Free Bets, Overs Club & More - March 28, 2022
- 2022 Midterm Elections Odds – Which party will control the Senate? - March 23, 2022
- Barstool Sports NFL Picks and Locks for Super Bowl 56 - February 11, 2022